SD11 plans question

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jmerten
New Poster
New Poster

SD11 plans question

Post by Jmerten » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased the SD 11 plans and am looking forward to diving into the build. My dad and I built the FL12 awhile back so I have a little experience with the stitch and glue process. I started making a 1/10th mock up of the boat out of some thick paper I had laying around. The side panels were easy enough to scale down and cut out, however I have not been able to find the dimensions for the transom or frames anywhere on the plans. Is it expected that you just use the templates for all these components? Does anyone have a recommendation on how to print the templates full scale?

Thanks,
J

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SD11 plans question

Post by jacquesmm » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:05 pm

The dimensions are there, see drawing D95/1.
At the top of the drawing, you see for each frame, the width at the sheer, the width at the chine and the height.
Each frame is a trapeze and you can draw them from those 3 dimensions.

The SD11 is an old (but good) design and the plans look a little bit different from the other plans.

If you purchased the printed version of the plans, you should have the full size patterns. If not bring your PDF full size pattern files to a printing service and tell them to print full scale, 1:1.
I would not waste $ on it, the dimensions are much more accurate, easier and faster.
See our tutorial on how to draw a frame in the HowTo section.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

Jmerten
New Poster
New Poster

Re: SD11 plans question

Post by Jmerten » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Great! I am tracking now. Thank you.