New Braunfels - PH18 Jet

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dustinwg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: New Braunfels - PH18 Jet

Post by Dustinwg » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:45 am

Really appreciate the encouraging words from everyone!

Planning on heading down to do some fishing this weekend and getting some blood on the deck! Hope to have a report next week!

Wouter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Wouter » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:03 am

Great boat!

willg
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by willg » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Dustin, I'm at the point of getting my Phantom registered with Tx PWD. From your earlier posts it looks like you got the game warden inspection first, which provided the hull ID number, then went to TWP for registration. From what I see on the PWD site I would need to provide the registration form PWD 143 and either an Affidavit of Fact (form PWD 314) or show a receipt of materials. Which of these two steps did you do?

Thanks, Will

Dustinwg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dustinwg » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Will, I had to go by the local Texas Parks and Wildlife office to pay for the inspection, and then scheduled with the local game warden to come by the house. Once he did his inspection, I took the paperwork he gave me back to their office to complete the registration.

I had all of the receipts ready to go, but did not need them because the warden did the inspection pre-paint and it was pretty obvious that it was a homemade boat, so I believe I just filled out the affidavit of fact, so with that said I would say it is the luck of the draw on which game warden does the inspection.

If the Texas Parks and Wildlife offices in your area are anything like around here, the best recommendation I can give you is call up and ask for the direct phone number for the actual game warden in your area, tell them your story about building the boat and ask them how to go about getting the inspection (and if they can come by to do it at your house).

If not, you will have to take the boat up to their office, and they only do inspections on certain days of the month, and in my experience there is a reason these wardens are in the office and not out in the field.

Hope this helps...

willg
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by willg » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I looked up the GW's in my county and 4 are listed, with what might be either their desk or cell numbers. I'll give one of them a call.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi guys. We have started a new category under "Question before purchasing the plans and announcements.." "How to register your newly built boat".
Would you please put your states registration requirements there. We want to have one place for all our new builders to go on how to find out how to get there boat registered. If you have a link to there web site that would be helpful also.

Thanks a lot.
Restored Mirror Dingy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Desghn courses.

willg
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by willg » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:17 pm

I posted info for Texas in that thread.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Thanks Will
Restored Mirror Dingy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Desghn courses.