The Keys Builders Bash June 8th-10th 2012

Bateau Builders organize and plan their meetings and get-togethers. This is grass roots at its finest, not sanctioned by E-Boat, Inc
Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

The Keys Builders Bash June 8th-10th 2012

Post by Aripeka Angler » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Edit to add information about the meet site.

The main motel for the meet has been MOVED to the Holiday Inn Express in Marathon, FL. The address for the motel is 13201 Overseas Highway - Marathon, FL. Phone 305-289-0222
http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/m ... oteldetail

The best rate per room should be either $143 or $153 for water view. We have reserved the 3 slips that are available. Each slip can hold at least 3 boats and the rate is $2.75 per foot/per night for each boat. Use of the onsite boat ramp is free for motel guests. There is large parking area so guests can avoid the slip fee by launching their boat for day use and storing it on the trailer at night.
Last edited by Aripeka Angler on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Where to next?

Post by wej » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Something that more than one highway goes to maybe?

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Aripeka Angler » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:12 pm

wej wrote:Something that more than one highway goes to maybe?
Damn, I guess that rules out the Keys too :wink:
Richard

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 pm

It would make it easier for folks from out of state to have a close large airport. I thought about that for the Texas Meet but couldn't think of a place. Plan on coming to ya'lls meet next year.

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:35 pm

The facilities at Boca Grande are perfect for our group of folks and our boats, and the management is laid back and lets us do our thing without interruption 8) Fishing is decent, water is beautiful, price is reasonable, it's hard to beat. Boat ramp, docks, bait, cookout facility, good fishing, clean... I realize it's a long ways for most folks, heck it's a thousand miles round trip for me, but I'll do it again next year if we can't come up with something better :D I'd go to the Keys too if we could find a similar setup down there, doesn't matter to me.

Crystal River is much more convenient for more people and the facilities are good, but the management sucks. They won't even let us have a cookout on the grounds. And their food isn't fit to eat. I'm open for anything, but we need a waterfront location, dockage for the boats, and a friendly staff who can tolerate a bunch of fools being rowdy all night. Anybody got any ideas for a more central location that meets those criteria?
It would make it easier for folks from out of state to have a close large airport
Boca isn't bad for that either, but I'm open to other suggestions 8)
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Aripeka Angler » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Prarie Dog wrote:It would make it easier for folks from out of state to have a close large airport. I thought about that for the Texas Meet but couldn't think of a place. Plan on coming to ya'lls meet next year.
That would be cool if you could come to our meet Paul 8) Florida is way smaller than Texas, you are never far from a big airport. Very glad I got a chance to do some large driving in Texas anyway, I would have never happened upon the fort in Goliad otherwise...
Richard

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:48 pm

At the expense of pirating the thread Richard, how did you and Sandi like the drive and visiting Texas History?

I would like nothing more than driving down there and bringing a boat, just can't swing the time.

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm not trying to stir up stuff guys I was just being being a smart ass, any location north of the keys just makes it that much closer to me is all I was hitting at.

And if you have a place that caters to you & there is no reason to move it... ... I sure as heck wouldn't.

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Aripeka Angler » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Prarie Dog wrote:At the expense of pirating the thread Richard, how did you and Sandi like the drive and visiting Texas History?
No worries about piracy! We enjoyed the trip very much Paul! I spotted the mission at Goliad and suggested to Mrs. AA to turn the car around. Glad we did, we even spotted a name among the list of fallen men with the same last name as mine. The Alamo was awesome to visit too 8) Texas was really cool 8) I did find myself praying for rain for the folks there though ...
Richard

davidtx
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by davidtx » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Aripeka Angler wrote: we even spotted a name among the list of fallen men with the same last name as mine.
Funny, I don't remember anybody named "Angler" on that list. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
See my blog: http://buildingtx18.blogspot.com/view or drop "view" from the end for the old interface