I'm back, it's been awhile.Here's what I did to finish the project. I was so busy trying to get it done, I did not stop to take any pics of the progress, sorry.
I found out the outer hull skin was made up with a layer of chopped glass and resin directly on the gelcoat, then several layers of hand layed glass. The cracks went as far as the chopped glass then stopped. I ground the entire area and put 2 layers of 1708 w/ Marinepoxy, then faired and repainted Awlgrip.
On the inside, this area was built up before from a previous fix from a repair shop. I put another 2 layers of 1708 and reinforced between the stringers to the hull w/ 3/4" Meranti, bedded, tabbed and glassed in in 4 places.
I launced her in April last year(see pic). Due to the bracket being added, I was really concerned as too how she was going to sit in water. I am pleased.
Initial shake down cruise resulted in 4 MPH faster at 4000 RPM's(39/40 mph). Ran smooth and straight with no listing to either side. What I was really pleased with was I could stay on plane at 2800 RPM's w/ 4 people, gear, etc. and before I couldn't drop the RPM's less then 3700 before it came off plane.
I did have to notch the motor mount part of the bracket to get the motors lower due to slipping of the props. It was easier to notch it then drop the entire bracket down on the transom.
I've been able to cruise 30 mph in 3 to 4's w/ a pretty comfortable solid dry ride(as what a center console would give).
Oh, the livewell works like a champ. I'll post some pics to show what I did.