Search found 20301 matches
- Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:21 am
- Forum: Cracker Larry's Corner: Boat Repair and Rebuild Support
- Topic: 1957 Wagemaker Wolverine Restoration
- Replies: 30
- Views: 3350
I restored an old little boat a few years ago that must have had 8 coats of lead paint on it. I used a paint stripper called Jasco and it did a fine job. You paint it on like a paste, let it sit about 20 minutes and scrape it off in sheets. One coat at a time. No dust. No way would I sand that paint...
- Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:59 am
- Forum: Builder's Power Boats
- Topic: Bruce Crandall Flyer Hydroplane
- Replies: 743
- Views: 38221
Saw your question on another post I assume like normal paint I can't put clear directly on the epoxy can I? Yes, you can. This is EMC clear coat over epoxy. It has all the UV protection needed. http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg566/CrackerLarry/GF18%20Build/IMG_20150917_153653265_zpsjcefkiez.jp...
- Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:27 pm
- Forum: Sail Boats
- Topic: How much epoxy for graphite finish for AD14 bottom
- Replies: 1
- Views: 712
That was a either a GF18 or OD18, I forget when I wrote that. Old age I think it was the OD18.I do not know for which boat he wrote it for where he says 9 ounces of epoxy and 3 ounces graphite powder for one coat.
- Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:21 pm
- Forum: Builder Meets and Get Togethers
- Topic: 2016 Southeast Builders Meet- Homosassa, FL Oct. 21-23
- Replies: 360
- Views: 57557
Photobucket has been down all morning.
Cape Man got in earlier than expected and we had a great afternoon celebrating our 2nd. and 21st amendment rights They aren't supposed to mix, but we found they go together real good