second rowing station

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

second rowing station

Post by terrulian » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:24 pm

The V10 is great for a single rower, down at the stern and not so good with a second person in the stern seat, and then pretty good again with a third person in the bow.
Would it work better for two persons if you installed a second set of oarlocks between the bow and center seat, and rowed from the bow seat when there is someone in the stern and no one in the center seat?

Tony

Evan_Gatehouse
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: second rowing station

Post by Evan_Gatehouse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:17 am

If there is enough room, have the stern person sit on a cushion just in front of the stern seat. Might be enough to get it trimming better. Or throw a 5 gal jug of water in the bow.

The FB11 nesting dinghy has a moveable rear seat for just this reason but more room between rower and transom on that design.
designer: FB11/GV series/ HMD18/
SK17,21/MT24

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am

Thanks, Evan, for responding...I'll try the 5 gallon jug. Having the person in the stern sit on a cushion just forward might work for trim, but I have a feeling they'd get annoyed being punched in the face with every stroke. :help:
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 am

terrulian wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am
I have a feeling they'd get annoyed being punched in the face with every stroke. :help:
That's what liquor is for. Put a bottle in your hand and they will welcome the slap. At least Fuzz and I will...