Mike Schwind's SK14 Build

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
VT_Jeff
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Mike Schwind's SK14 Build

Post by VT_Jeff » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:50 pm

That's how I did my FS14. It left a 6" fabric overlap on the transom and that took some time to fair, if I was going to do it again, I may eliminate the overlap on the transom, maybe leave a small gap instead to make the fairing a bit easier. If i was going to do it over again, I would probbaly not spend nearly the amount of time I I did fairing the bottom/keel, I would be happy to live with the tape lines on the keel/bottom for the amount of work it took given the attention it will get, which is about none.

There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Michael.Schwind
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Michael.Schwind » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:52 am

What are people's opinions on the position that the grab rail is mounted? I have seen some where the 45 degree support bars are toward the bow, and some that are mounted toward the stern. I like the look of it when it is mounted toward the stern, as it allows an ice chest to be set in front of it, facing forward. However, I worry that the support bars might be in the way and potentially cause a tripping hazard while driving. Any thoughts?

Michael.Schwind
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Michael.Schwind » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:42 am

I made some progress this weekend by getting the hull glassed. I will add another coat or two of epoxy to fill in the weave, but overall I am very happy with how it turned out. I've added some photos to my album that can be seen by clicking the link.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... FoUzVtLVp3

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:10 am

Nice progress!!! Jeff