FS13 Transom Dimension

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
kelpkritter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

FS13 Transom Dimension

Post by kelpkritter » Mon May 02, 2016 3:51 pm

On page 7, which lists the transom dimensions, there is a notation of "5". Working in millimeters is this number in reference to the outside right and left edge of the transom up from the bottom edge. In essence creating a slight angle upwards from the centerline of the transom.

Thanks,

DaveB.
KelpKritter

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS13 Transom Dimension

Post by jacquesmm » Mon May 02, 2016 4:25 pm

There is no page 7 in that set of plans.
Look at the bottom right and tell me what the drawing number is, something like B315/3 or?

I see a 5 mm on the transom drawing and yes, it is correct but follow the dimension lines, it is very crowded there . . . that 5 mm is the height of the corner above the baseline, above the keel. There is a very very slight angle there. It could be cut flat and it would get together the same way.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

kelpkritter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by kelpkritter » Mon May 02, 2016 11:43 pm

Jacques,
Thank you for the clarification. Your description was exactly what I thought it was, just wanted to double check as I did not make out any reference marks for that dimension on the plan.

My reference to page 7 was in relation to how it was formatted in the PDF file. Sorry for any confusion.

DaveB.
KelpKritter

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Sorry for replying to an old post but I thought this would keep all of the FS13 Transom questions in one spot! Thanks for the above answer. That answered one of my two questions!

The next one, maybe I am being dense, is what is the measurement for cutting the curve off of the top of the transom?

Never mind! I found it in the Building Notes, Options. 13" or 330mm!

It was the dense part... :roll: