V12 Questions for Jacques

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
GrantA
New Poster
New Poster

Re: V12 Questions for Jacques

Post by GrantA » Thu May 21, 2020 7:18 pm

Netpackrat wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:51 am
Honestly it seems like you are looking for a hardware solution to what is strictly a software problem. Probably easier and better in the end to work on getting the kids used to being in a small boat. I have had both of my kids (7 and 4 at the time) and myself in a D5 with the sail rig, and while at under 8' it's definitely too small, they didn't seem scared at all.
You're absolutely spot on with the problem - I was at pains to point out that I have no concerns over the actual safety. However, simply ordering my kids to get into the boat isn't really a recipe for a happy outing so in this instance a hardware solution was easier. A bit like how my Mum used to mash up vegetables and hide them in my soup when I was young and didn't want to eat my greens!

Regardless, it seems that there isn't much enthusiasm for amendments to the plans so I'll press on with the stock build and just accept that my fishing trips might be solo affairs.

GrantA
New Poster
New Poster

Post by GrantA » Fri May 22, 2020 6:30 am

D'oh! Forgot to deduct the bottom bit from the side panel. All good now.
It did prompt me to use some Pythagoras to double check my lines though which has been helpful on the other parts.

Back to the lofting now, which I don't really think I'm going to complete in the 1.5 hours suggested in the build plans, but at least should be done in the morning ready for cutting and stitching. By Sunday I should have something boat-like to look at.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Fri May 22, 2020 9:33 am

8)
Tony