Sintes 21 Rebuild

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Sintes 21 Rebuild

Post by fallguy1000 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:22 am

Fuzz wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:27 am
Fair question Fallguy. I have not been doing much that is worth a picture but here is something.
I glassed my "work bench" with kicker bracket onto the transom. I used 6 layers of 6 inch tape so hoping that stays put.
Are you ready for paint?

My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sat May 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Fair go fallguy, let Fuzz enjoy sanding a little longer. :wink:
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:59 pm

pee wee wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:40 am
You might mention to her the definition of a Scottish gentleman: one who knows how to play the bagpipes, and doesn't! :D

Seriously, it's a wonderful country other than the food. :lol:
Pee wee what is wrong with the food? Lamb chops I love. Oat meal is great. Haggis is wonderful when made right. There breads are wonderful. Scones are great. The fresh and smoked salmon can't be beat as well as some of the other seafood. They can grow fresh vegetables year around because of the closeness of the Gulf Stream. They now have some 4 and 5 star chefs. My mother in law was full blooded Scotch and went back every few years to visit her relatives. She was a great cook and made some great dishes. 8O

Fuzz sorry for the hijack.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz » Tue May 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Tom and everybody else never worry about a thread hijack with me :D My threads tend to wonder all over the place and that is ok with me.
On the boat front the weather is almost warm enough to do some work on the boat trailer. It needs some help before I can use it.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Fri May 11, 2018 4:11 am

Fuzz wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:26 pm
Tom and everybody else never worry about a thread hijack with me :D My threads tend to wonder all over the place and that is ok with me.
What I love about this forum is the zig zag threads. Cracker Larry was the master of encouraging it in his threads, and Fuzz, you've got the gift too. Keep doing it! :D
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sat May 12, 2018 12:38 am

Thanks Glossie but nobody could tell a story and draw you into it like Larry. I sure miss logging on and getting the latest happening in his life.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun May 20, 2018 4:38 am

How goes it Fuzz?

With AA and cape man heading your way, my hunch is that you're getting a bit done. :wink:

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Sun May 20, 2018 5:47 am

Hi,
Congrats to the graduation of your daughter and hopefully she will enjoy Scotland. I have never been there but heard always a lot about their food and experienced never any of it but the Scottish whiskey I definitely enjoy occasionally. I still do not know what food a Haggies is. But coming back to your boat I love the kickers plank being glassed to your "work bench". At last I know how many layers of glass one needs to have something really strong because if that holds your motor I should do fine walking my weight on ta hatch roof of similar construction.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Mon May 21, 2018 2:03 am

gonandkarl wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:47 am
Hi,
Congrats to the graduation of your daughter and hopefully she will enjoy Scotland. I have never been there but heard always a lot about their food and experienced never any of it but the Scottish whiskey I definitely enjoy occasionally. I still do not know what food a Haggies is. But coming back to your boat I love the kickers plank being glassed to your "work bench". At last I know how many layers of glass one needs to have something really strong because if that holds your motor I should do fine walking my weight on ta hatch roof of similar construction.
Greetings from Karl
Karl thanks for your thoughts for my baby girl :D She is a really good girl and I have been blessed with her.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Mon May 21, 2018 2:08 am

glossieblack wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:38 am
How goes it Fuzz?

With AA and cape man heading your way, my hunch is that you're getting a bit done. :wink:
Glossie I wish you were correct with your guess. My mom is having a tough go of it and needs pretty much round the clock care so that has taken top billing in my life for now. Just sort of wanted to say why things have really slowed for me.