Another Privateer Roamer Skiff

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Another Privateer Roamer Skiff

Post by Slickcav » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:14 pm

Been a while, hunting season had my priorities elsewhere.

Pulled the cover off old girl yesterday, glassed in my final bulkhead, drove an hour to pick up the iso-board for the fwd fish box. Today templated cut and fit the fwd fish box insulation panels, glue and glass this weekend.

boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boguesounder » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:30 pm

Excited to see you're back in the game. Enjoy seeing your work. How was your season?

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:02 pm

Lost a sika, shot a handful of whitetails, one nice old cull buck with my 4 year old son. Got on a good redhead hunt, other than that mild winter didn’t do a whole lot for us in the duck world

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:32 am

Sounds like good hunting!!! Glad to see you back at the boat!!! Jeff

boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boguesounder » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:21 pm

Definitely been a warm winter. Curious your plans for the bow? Will it be a flush deck all the way the small anchor locker? What type of hatch do you have planned for the fish box?

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Got the fish box glassed last night. Man I can’t wait to be working on a level floor soon!

My flush custom fiberglass hatches (from daytrip THT) 22x22 for my bilge access, 22x32 dry storage, and 20.5x46.5 for the fish box. Again those are hatch sizes subtract 4” for the gutter, and the actual in floor dimensions are larger than the hatch.

boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boguesounder » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:33 am

Saw the photos you posted elsewhere with glass and paint. Looks great and that box will be really useful. I look forward to seeing the hatches. Does Daytrip live local or is he shipping them in?

Do you have any paint options confirmed yet?

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 am

Daytrip lives in florida, is on here I believe as well, did the bertram 28 CC conversion, and is now doing a bertram stretch as well. He shipped them to me, great guy.

color scheme is Grand Banks Beige interior and Dull Dead Grass exterior, it looks like petit ezpoxy has it, interlux brightsides has it, other than that I am not sure, I dont know paint stuff too well yet but ill cross that bridge as we get closer.

boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boguesounder » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:17 pm

Slick
Those hatches look really nice. Daytrip has skills. Thanks for reminding me of what forum he is on....I read so many I get goofed up on who and what is where sometimes. Hope you were able to find some time this weekend to work on it. I enjoy following your progress.

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:32 pm

Got fish box cleaned up, materials picked up for rigging tube and laid out, may mount tank tomorrow, run rigging tube and fuel lines.

Having some trouble figuring out where to put the fuel water separator, dont want to mount it in the console with batteries etc, and the rigging tube is running along the outside stringer which will house the fuel line to the engine as well, I have bilge access but would have to cut in there to run fuel line then cut back out back into rigging tube and back up to engine but? Well see.

Red drawing is my rigging tube mock up, cross through stringer, then first Y goes up to console, travel a little further so that the fuel line that goes to the engine can enter, end of that Y will have a cap, sending unit and all hoses are accessible via inspection plate that will be inside the console. Last pic you will see the console I am going with, same as my previous build, wide open deck space love it, 24x24 footprint, just imagine fish box hatch forward, with two behind the leaning post dry storage then bilge.