1981 Dolphin 20' Commercial

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: 1981 Dolphin 20' Commercial

Post by Fuzz » Tue May 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Sounds like a smart move to me. Anything that spreads the force over a larger area is good.

cape man

Post by cape man » Tue May 12, 2020 5:22 pm

Yes.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

MSRiver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by MSRiver » Tue May 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Small update, got the fish box all glassed up, still contemplation if i want to beef up the sides a little, I would just do 1 more layer of 1708. Idk how but when i fit the glass and laid in there the first time everything was right but as normal after cutting more fiberglass the sheets got small on me and didnt go all the way up the sides. I have 3 layers of 1708 on all sides overlapped corners then put a layer of mat for finishing. Probably do some mat where the chase tube will go just to have it sealed. Also got my gas tank fitted so its full supported by the stringers i put in.

Its finally coming together planning on getting the fish box faired out and everything sanded to start putting bilge paint down and foam empty compartments. Then comes the floor which i already have two boards cut and ready.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Tue May 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Support for fuel tank looks good. Progress is being made :D