28 BERTRAM OUTBOARD CONVERSION

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
handy-mike
New Poster
New Poster

Re: 28 BERTRAM OUTBOARD CONVERSION

Post by handy-mike » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:28 pm

would love to check them out,i think i need permission? I tried to view photos from your page but got nothing

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:05 pm

handy-mike
New Poster
New Poster

Post by handy-mike » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:17 pm

Thank you for that,i made my bracket a bit smaller than that,i hope i dont regret it. Mikeys boat sits real nice in the water, im afraid of being a little ass heavy.Well remains to be seen,i assume the bracket is 30" im curious is the motor height 2.5 inches higher and did it work out good??

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:29 am

It is a 2.5” rise and it runs well mike. I am a little surprised it is not faster though. Runs 55 I believe. I saw another 21 with a 300 Yamaha that did 60. But the hull runs fine with the bracket.

I should explain the last 3 pics. The very last is a 21 that two men took out the Jupiter inlet on a bad day. They hit the breaker line in the wrong place and head on. Bow went straight up and boat went over backwards. Both were lost unfortunately.

The other two are of a car that rear ended the boat while turning into the ramp. Bracket had a scratch on it. Car not so lucky

handy-mike
New Poster
New Poster

Post by handy-mike » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:20 am

l thought that was the boat before you got it . I have an old evinrude 175 that runs about 30 ish good enough for me right now at least until i recover from this bracket im 4500 in so far but i dont have to tell you. My pics are in my gallery if you want to critique me,it would be much appreciated.