Transom Strength

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
sunkShips
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by sunkShips » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:15 pm

Hey Steven,

Thank you, it was fun and I do really apreciate all the help I got here, I could not have done it without anyone here. Thank you all.

No I did not use Biaxal Coth to cover the whole transom. I test it out tommorrow, see if it floats. I will let you all know and I will post some pics of it sinking, I mean floating.. LOL

Thank you

sunkShips
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by sunkShips » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 am

It LEAKS!!!

DOH! I put the motor on by myself and couldnt tighten down the bolts adn forgot I needed to have someone help me. :oops: Just had a small drizzle at one of the bolt holes, no worries.

Anyhow, took it from the water went home and cried. :cry:

BUT, yesterday Thursday, got a friend to come over and tighten up those bolts, heading out to go fishing on her "Re-Maden" Voage.

SHE FLOAT!!!, No LEAKS!!! The motor stayed on the boat even up to 35 MPH. No Creaking or Breaking sounds. WHOO HOO.

Now just need to do some cosmetic fixes and tweak the motor some, new fuel filter, wiring etc....

SWEET, I can go FISHING. I will post some pics here soon.

Thank you all Very much, it is a great success only thats to you all and this forum.

Me before: :doh: - Me after: :D :D :D :D :P :D :P :P :lol: :lol: 8)

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:42 am

Thats great. back on the water :!: :D

Now how about a "finished" picture

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:40 pm

Sunk, one last thing take your motor off one last time and bed the bolts in 3M 5200. It will protect the lamination and also hold everything in place.

Sounds like everything came together like it should enjoy your work for many, many more years to come. That is a great boat to have.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy