Texas Jet Boat Fiberglass Repair

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Texas Jet Boat Fiberglass Repair

Post by Lucas H. » Tue May 16, 2017 9:42 am

Thanks Jeff, I'm trying. i will get it all tidy when its done.

i just ordered a bunch of engine stuff for assembly and i since i never posted a pic of the power plant I'm using, i thought now is a good time.
so here it is, the Olds 455 big block. it looks good for now, until it starts to leak, lol

Luke

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Tue May 16, 2017 9:57 am

Luke, your boat is going to fly!! You may want to think about adding wings!! The boat is really coming together, great work Luke!! Jeff

Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lucas H. » Thu May 25, 2017 10:07 am

Setback, i am not happy
I ordered all my parts from cpperformance. I was told that my cam was on back order cause they had to grind it. They don't stock them on the shelf, comp cams will have to make it, no big deal. So today it finally comes in the mail. I open it to find what appears to be pitting marks from where it was sitting on a f'ing shelf. Wtf. I called cpp, and they too where pissed. He said , "that's why we don't stock them anymore" then he said " they will have to make another one and it will take awhile" I told him that's what I was told to being with. Even the plastic wrapping on the cam was torn and not sealed good.
I tried to clean it off with brake clean and a lint free cloth, but you can run your finger across it and feel the bumps and pits. Maybe it's just on the surface, but I took a blade to it and I couldn't scrape it off.

Luke

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu May 25, 2017 10:19 am

Luke, Really bad service!! I hope they will correct immediately and pay for all shipping for you!! Jeff

Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lucas H. » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:57 am

ok, i started on assembly this weekend. i got the cam (the third one), timing stuff, and oil pump and pickup installed. i had to stop because i can't find the timing cover bolts. hopefully i can get them by this weekend and i should be able to get more done. i am starting to see that this boat is far from done, i was hoping for having it done for the summer, but it might be late august now. time is just hard to come by.

Luke

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:09 am

Luke, progress is progress!! Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:12 pm

When I was rebuilding engines I always bought an ARP complete engine bolt kit. It came with every bolt you would need with nice labels on the package. It saved me a lot of time on tear down and cleaning the bolts. The price used to be ~$100 and I always was glad to spend that amount to save time.

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 am

ARP is nice stuff :!:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lucas H. » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:20 am

BB Sig wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:12 pm
When I was rebuilding engines I always bought an ARP complete engine bolt kit. It came with every bolt you would need with nice labels on the package. It saved me a lot of time on tear down and cleaning the bolts. The price used to be ~$100 and I always was glad to spend that amount to save time.
ARP is good stuff, but I checked and they don't cover all aspects of the olds 455. they carry head bolts, and main bolts, but the little stuff is lacking. i found a set from summit and i should be back on this weekend.

Luke

Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Lucas H. » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:51 am

its been awhile but more progress. i got the oil pan and heads on. should have engine done next week or so.

Luke