Texas Jet Boat Fiberglass Repair

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
txjm
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Texas Jet Boat Fiberglass Repair

Post by txjm » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Yes, POC. And yes that place behind speedy stop is my dads. He has the other boat that they popped a mold off mine with. It is in bad shape so it will be trashed. Making mine the only one.
I ran aground between Sunday beach and fishpond entrance. Do you frequently visit? Cool to see someone else from POC on here.
I have been fishing down there since the late 90's. I have a friend whos parents lived off Foisy. I have always loved late summer and early fall down there. I went down last winter, I liked it so much, I have now bought a lot and am building a bardominium toward the quiet end of Harrison.
I have seen that hull down there forever, figured it was a jet or a very unfortunate outboard.
Last time I went out to fishpond, the tides were high but Sunday Pass is doing some interesting stuff with the sand. Jhook has definitely changed a lot since the hurricane. I kinda like the water flowing through there. You could get a long way from deep water in there.
The boat runs in a little over 6", how much does it take to float?
I built a GF16, I am curious to see how it does down there. I have a 19' boat to take out anywhere that might be rough. I figure it will work if I can get around the creek end of Pringle. I will flag you down if I see the Jet.
Chip

Lucas H.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Texas Jet Boat Fiberglass Repair

Post by Lucas H. » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:28 am

txjm wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:59 pm
Yes, POC. And yes that place behind speedy stop is my dads. He has the other boat that they popped a mold off mine with. It is in bad shape so it will be trashed. Making mine the only one.
I ran aground between Sunday beach and fishpond entrance. Do you frequently visit? Cool to see someone else from POC on here.
I have been fishing down there since the late 90's. I have a friend whos parents lived off Foisy. I have always loved late summer and early fall down there. I went down last winter, I liked it so much, I have now bought a lot and am building a bardominium toward the quiet end of Harrison.
I have seen that hull down there forever, figured it was a jet or a very unfortunate outboard.
Last time I went out to fishpond, the tides were high but Sunday Pass is doing some interesting stuff with the sand. Jhook has definitely changed a lot since the hurricane. I kinda like the water flowing through there. You could get a long way from deep water in there.
The boat runs in a little over 6", how much does it take to float?
I built a GF16, I am curious to see how it does down there. I have a 19' boat to take out anywhere that might be rough. I figure it will work if I can get around the creek end of Pringle. I will flag you down if I see the Jet.
Chip
Yeah, that hurricane did put a cut right through where we used to part and walk across.
That boat is heavy, takes about 12" to float I guess.
That GF16 should be fine in back bays.
If you see me, be sure to wave me down. It's be neat to meet a fellow board member.

Luke