New Project 17' John Dory rebuild

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
twobyfo
New Poster
New Poster

New Project 17' John Dory rebuild

Post by twobyfo » Mon May 07, 2018 10:04 am

Greetings to all. I have been a commercial fisherman and boat building dubber on the Maine coast since 1972. This is my first post to this great forum. I recently purchased a 17' John Dory for my son and grand daughter in Kennebunk, Maine. I found out about the Bateau2 Builder forum through a Google search of "John Dory". This looks to be quite a project. I was especially interested in the John Dory Restoration posts by Captj13. He ran into precisely the kind of issues I look to tackle and received a lot of support and good advice. I'm hoping for the same. Thanks in advance for any help. Pictures of the Dory are in my gallery. Will try to update at least weekly with pictures.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: New Project 17' John Dory rebuild

Post by pee wee » Mon May 07, 2018 11:18 am

Looks like an interesting project, especially fun if it's a family endeavor.

Hank

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz » Tue May 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Welcome Twobyfo.
This looks like a neat project. And it is good to have another old commercial fisherman here. We are just a little out numbered :wink:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Tue May 08, 2018 2:53 pm

twobyfo, Welcome to our Builders Forum!!! You will find this forum friendly, informative and helpful!! Again, welcome!! Jeff