FS 19 build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: FS 19 build

Post by Browndog » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Stopped by the Boat yard today and they had the ignition switch installed, the digital gauges installed and the throttle installed in the console and were hooking everything up in back at the motor. Should be done tomorrow or Saturday morning.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:45 am

That's a sweet looking console!
Hank

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:01 am

Fully agree with Pee wee plus I really like the "Custom" Evans Brothers FS 19!!!! Very nice, Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 pm

Great looking console Browndog.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

OrangeQuest

Post by OrangeQuest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Very good looking console! If you got little kids/grand kids they could play all day flipping switches and turning knobs!

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 pm

The motor installation is complete, steering and gauges are installed and the trailer bunks have been adjusted. A couple of small issues. First the knob on the steering will came off due to a defective weld. WIll have to figure out who can weld the interior bolt back on to the steering wheel or come up with an alternative solution. The spare tire holder does not provide enough clearance for the tire to be mounted while the boat is on the trailer, rendering it ineffective. Again, trying to figure a workaround.

The boat just barely fits in the garage now that the motor is installed after moving some stuff around to give it some extra room. I definitely will not be able to walk around the rear of the boat anymore.

The adjusted bunks make the boat look way better on the trailer.

Tom, I believe the power tech propeller that the local folks are recommending is the MQF3R19PYM90. How does that mesh up with your preliminary thinking?

seaslug
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by seaslug » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Jordy, your boat looks incredible, and finished in only 1 year, pretty impressive. I've enjoyed following your build, and look forward to seeing it in person one day, possibly at the October meet. Also looking forward to reports on performance, I know it will exceed all expectations. Mike

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 pm

Still got a bunch of fairing, sanding, priming, painting, and installation of hardware to complete. It is almost done. Could be used for performance testing if necessary, but probably will not run tests until everything is finished.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:30 am

Look for a “wheel spacer” to move the spare further out from the frame. Pretty common in off-road and small car customization to allow wider wheels.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Browndog the MQF is the same as the Mercury Black Max and is pretty much a straight forward prop with out much rake or cup. I was thinking of the RED3 http://www.ptprop.com/index.php?page=shop. _details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=63&category_id=24&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=46 the NRS3
http://www.ptprop.com/index.php?page=sh ... &Itemid=46
the PTR3 http://www.ptprop.com/index.php?page=sh ... &Itemid=46

These are the three I am thinking of for you. It will depend on what you are going to use your boat for. They will all work, but the Red3 is probably the best all around prop of the 3. A 19 pitch would be fine if your on the light side of my weight calculations. We will know for sure when we get the final weight calculations done.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978