Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Well, this week has been a bit tough.

Monday I got a new hip.

Woke up to some bad cramping in the leg and really wanted to escape it...talk about anxiety...yuk.

Talked to the doc on Tuesday about it and he said, "well, I did cut your leg off, so pretty invasive surgery"

Pretty much been a lot of cramping all week.

The drugs suck. They make me loopy and feel like a zombie. The one I hate is Vistaril. I can't sleep without taking it. When I take it; the next day, I stare into space and wonder if 'this' is alzheimers. I couldn't even read much.

I struggle with sleep. I can't sleep on the new hip (right) and so I sleep on the left or my back. The left is not too good because I have a funky sore spot in my upper back, but pain killers knock it out.

On my back, I have to prop the right leg.

So, I developed a system where I sleep some on my left and some on my back.

Then, shhh, Mrs. Fall snores. Not like a little girl cutesy thing, but more like a lumberjack who drank half the nite. Now, I love this woman, so I just say, 'honey, can you roll on your side please', and she does for like 5 minutes.

So, I have been spending like 12 hours in bed.

Today, I went outside and did some snow removal. I wear a size 13 boot; more like a lunar landing boot. No need for a cane even really.

I think it might be getting better, but it ain't fun.

Hip surgeries are $24,000 if you are payin cash.

My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Please be careful outside in the snow and ice. A slip and fall on your new hip might really pose a problem. When I had my sinus surgery last January I had similar feelings. The drugs made me very drowsy and dopey, but I couldn’t get any sleep without them. Sweet dreams of summer boating and good health to enjoy it.

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:31 pm

I hope the healing improves rapidly and full recovery is just around the corner :D
Please be careful on ice and snow like Browndog says. Hate to hear you have a fall and more issues pop up.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Glad you got the new hip but you seem to be the kind of guy that hates being in bed so much. Did getting out and doing snow removal help any or did it at lease take your mind off the hip?
Hope you have a speedy recovery and start feeling better soon.

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fallguy1000 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 pm

We put down 100 pounds of salt on our walks n drives today.

Oi vey!

Ice was bad..hope it warms some.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:54 pm

Good move putting down the salt. For the first time in a few years I had to break down and sand my driveway. Of course I waited until AFTER I had busted by butt big time and had to hobble around for a week :help: Even the sand did not do the trick I had to resort to wearing ice cleats anytime I went outside. Was like that until we had a good wet snow to knock the slick off the ice.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:49 am

Guess we are lucky, it gets cold here we very seldom get ice but we do get mud but it has a high sand mix so not to slick. :wink:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:14 am

FallGuy, how are you doing? Are you getting around better? Your kit will ship today via UPS to your home!! Jeff

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fallguy1000 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 am

Out drinking a coffee!

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:00 am

HI fg1k,
I've missed out on your blog for some reason.....
I can see you are on the mend. Big op, the hip. I have an colleague with a new knee and a 34 y/o colleague that is going in for a new hip...soon. Dang, we are fragile.
I had an elbow op and it took twice as long to heel because I did not rest it properly - Sorting the garage, driving, gardening ect. Eventually my doc put my whole arm in a cast for 2 weeks - sadist.
I hope you get well - soon is relative, just get well.
My wife reckons that she does not snore - she purrs aggressively. I move into our spare room if she has a cold.
Cheers
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there