ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

Post by cape man » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 am

The flu has our County by the throat. So far I am apparently too mean to catch it despite spending lots of time each day at the State Fair for an exhibit we put up. Take it easy...

Hatch lid looks perfect. Details...where the real time is spent.

The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:20 am

cape man wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 am
The flu has our County by the throat. So far I am apparently too mean to catch it ...
And yet the media is claiming that the season "is exceptionally mild thanks to the improvements in the vaccine". A quick office poll shows that every single person that got the flu got the vaccine. Those who skipped the vaccine... no one was sick. Not one. We couldn't find one person who had the vaccine but no flu.

Something is odd in our office. Genetic freaks?
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:16 am

Thanks Fuzz, AA, OQ, cape man, and Jaysen. :D

Spent today with my nose in a good book. Felt progressively better as the day slipped by. Should be able to get back to Skinnydip tomorrow. :D
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:52 am

Get well GB & enjoy the weekend with the child bride!! Jeff

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:48 am

Thanks Jeff! :D

Ha. Got out of bed, had breakfast, went out to the build shed. Tried to work, tried to concentrate. Felt like shit. Retreated back to bed. Spent the day there, not even interested in reading. Sweating it out. It be a real flu. :roll:

Hopefully tomorrow!
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:59 am

GB, get some rest!!! This is the sick season so take good care of yourself!!! Jeff

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Do like Jeff says Glossie :x Quit screwing around and take care of yourself.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:28 pm

glossieblack wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:48 am
Thanks Jeff! :D

Ha. Got out of bed, had breakfast, went out to the build shed. Tried to work, tried to concentrate. Felt like shit. Retreated back to bed. Spent the day there, not even interested in reading. Sweating it out. It be a real flu. :roll:

Hopefully tomorrow!
My EX would put vapor rub all over my back and chest. Then I would put on a tee shirt and climb into bed. Sheets would be soaking wet the next morning but it would kick the flu right out of me in a few nights.

Hope you feel better soon GB
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:15 am

OrangeQuest wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:28 pm
My EX would put vapor rub all over my back and chest. Then I would put on a tee shirt and climb into bed. Sheets would be soaking wet the next morning but it would kick the flu right out of me in a few nights.
Brings back memories of my childhood when my parents would make up a chest vest out of brown paper and tape, then smother my torso with vapour rub, then heap bed clothes over me to sweat it out. I can still smell the rub. :D

I've been plugging away today doing further preparation for glassing the deck, along with the deck to rub rail to hull junction.

I'm aiming to do the glassing the day after tomorrow. :D

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:09 am

I've started building an upturned cove running from the deck and curving to vertical at the perimeter of the aft deck inspection openings.

When glassing the deck, the fabric will be run up the cove. In due course it will be used as a structural backbone for an epoxy-filler-mix formed inner weather seal lip. It will be rectangular in section.

The pic shows roughing in of the cove with epoxy filler mix, against a temporary vertical wall covered in packing tape.