knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by Knottybuoyz » Mon May 27, 2019 12:24 pm

There are some areas around here, Rideau Canal, Lake Champlain etc. that are Zero Discharge. That means grey water too. One side benefit to capturing it is after pumping out black water you can cross connect the tanks and use the grey water to flush out the black tank. That's the plan anyways.

Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Mon May 27, 2019 12:47 pm

That's a pretty good plan, especially because the gray water will contain some soap. We pump fresh water through the toilet into the holding tank around here to flush it, although that's not required.
Tony

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz » Mon May 27, 2019 2:59 pm

My latest vLog update: never ending saga of tank beds. *Sigh*

Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz » Thu May 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Today's vLog update: Tabbing tank beds.

Yours Aye! Rick

colinhart
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by colinhart » Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi Rick how's things going. Haven't got onto the boat yet still doing the garden. how's the back problem

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Fri May 31, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi Rick,
Watched your videos with great interest and I always get new hints how to work with epoxy. I see you are using some protection from your elbows forward to the gloved hands. Do you use these so you wont bang your arms against any corners ? I have seen them only on racing skiers who wear them to push the slalom poles aside. I like seeing the lots of place you have got working on the tank areas. On my small boat I always battle with space like right now attaching electric wiring on the top corner of the starboard bunk from the plug near the transom to the midship battery. Our temperatures are similar with lots of rain so not very encouraging to work on the boat under the carport. But summer has to come and then I will be finished.
Wish you also good progress and I am looking forward to your next videos.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:30 pm

colinhart wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:24 pm
Hi Rick how's things going. Haven't got onto the boat yet still doing the garden. how's the back problem
Hey Colin. Nice to hear from you.

Back is better. I shaved off 35 lbs this winter, 50 more to go! Still sucks working on my hands and knees though. Gotta tough it out.

Get out of the garden and get back to work on the boat! :D

Cheers mate!
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:32 pm

gonandkarl wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:38 pm
Hi Rick,
Watched your videos with great interest and I always get new hints how to work with epoxy. I see you are using some protection from your elbows forward to the gloved hands. Do you use these so you wont bang your arms against any corners ? I have seen them only on racing skiers who wear them to push the slalom poles aside. I like seeing the lots of place you have got working on the tank areas. On my small boat I always battle with space like right now attaching electric wiring on the top corner of the starboard bunk from the plug near the transom to the midship battery. Our temperatures are similar with lots of rain so not very encouraging to work on the boat under the carport. But summer has to come and then I will be finished.
Wish you also good progress and I am looking forward to your next videos.
Greetings from Karl
Hi Karl. Thanks for looking in on our videos. Those pads are children's soccer (football) shin pads. I use them mostly to keep my forearms out of the goo. A number of times I wished I had shin pads too. Used to back in the early days of this project.

It started out cold today and warmed up a bit. Supposed to hit 30 degs by Saturday. That means 40 in the shed~ One extreme to the other.

Should have a new video out tomorrow evening.

Standby....
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:52 pm

Latest vLog update:

Yours Aye! Rick

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:12 am

I seldom post here but want to say how I appreciate your videos and posts. It's been fun to follow along on your huge project/adventure and I like seeing how you work with epoxy. Today I particularly liked that little grinder bit on a dremel like tool you used on the fillets. Beats heck out of my hand sanding. The other thing I noticed and haven't seen before was your epoxy dispenser. Looks like it pre-mixed the epoxy as you pumped! That would be paradise and, while not so big a deal for smaller builds, seems like a big plus on your build.

Dougster