TW28 Luka

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: TW28 Luka

Post by OrangeQuest » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:31 am

Thank you for the update!

"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

icelikkilinc
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by icelikkilinc » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:05 am

Luka still looks like new, well looked after
Thanks for the report Peter, have fun👍
Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369

Corto Maltese
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Corto Maltese » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Peter, thank you for the motivational report. TW28 on the sunny side of Alps is aproaching the final phase of build: sanding and fairing, wiring, windows.. The engine is mounted, also tanks, calorifer, everything under sole besides fuel and water lines, but it is not a big deal. Have to build cosy interior, finish my raspberrypi marine computer. Next year painting... Boat should meet water by September next year or so.
My greetings to all TW28 builders and the rest of brilliant Bateau community ... last but not least greetings to our Jacques and his company,
Dario

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 pm

Corto Maltese wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:45 pm
Peter, thank you for the motivational report. TW28 on the sunny side of Alps is aproaching the final phase of build: sanding and fairing, wiring, windows.. The engine is mounted, also tanks, calorifer, everything under sole besides fuel and water lines, but it is not a big deal. Have to build cosy interior, finish my raspberrypi marine computer. Next year painting... Boat should meet water by September next year or so.
My greetings to all TW28 builders and the rest of brilliant Bateau community ... last but not least greetings to our Jacques and his company,
Dario
I'd love to hear more about the Raspberry Pi computer and how you're integrating it.

Corto Maltese
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Corto Maltese » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:06 pm

Barry, at this stage it is a simple set of raspberry pi with nautic oriented linux and openCPN plotter software. The comp is hooked by hdmi on small lcd tv, which serves as a display. The comp has bluetooth dongle for connection with handy wireless keyboard. GPS is connected with usb. No need to be watertight as tw28 helm is inside the cabin. At this moment it is simple and cheap setting (less than 150$), maybe later I can upgrade everything: https://youtu.be/U3ucE3Rx7Tw
There is an extensive thread at Cruisers & Sailing forum.
Cheers,
Dario