PH18 Build in North Dallas (PH20)

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: PH18 Build in North Dallas

Post by AtTheBrink » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Good job on the flip! Now the real fun begins! You get to make it look like a real boat.

What does the back of t-shirt you were wearing in those pictures say? Can a Water Buffalo plant a church?

Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Congrads on the filp, nice looking family.

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

willg
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by willg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:17 pm

I met Casey, his dad and son today as he was getting his trailer fitted. Let me tell you, the hull is flawless and looks as good as you might expect from the pictures. Beautiful, precise craftsmanship. It was also nice to meet three fine gentlemen!

I now have Casey's boat stand and will either use it myself or will help get it to anyone who may be interested in it, just let me know. I am in The Woodlands, TX.

Southern Gent
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Southern Gent » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Casey, You and your Dad did a great flip. Man what a great looking rig. Work Safe

chopperman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chopperman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Casey,

Congrats on the flip :!: Your hull looks great 8) I'm sure you were relieved to get the hull safely on the trailer.
Completed: Phantom 16 viewtopic.php?t=19940

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Great pictorial of the flip, nice family and good memories to have with your dad. You will never forget that one.
Dave

flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by flyfishingmonk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:02 am

Cracker Larry wrote:Well done! That attic access hatch was in just the right spot 8)

Thanks Larry. It was a very handy placement for sure.
peter-curacao wrote:Congratulations and thanks for the cool pics 8)

You bet Peter. I have enjoyed your build as well!
wegcagle wrote:Congrats :!: The boat sure does look big on the inside after the flip doesn't it 8)

Will

You are correct. It looks huge. There will be tons of room for gear!
Boater45 wrote:Congrats on the filp!!

Will
Thanks!!
MarkOrge wrote:Will is right - a whole new perspective.

Way to go Casey. On your previous slides I was admiring how straight and true the lines were along the chines and strakes - your patience and attention to detail really show !
Thanks Mark. Hopefully the deck and sole will look as good as the hull.
AtTheBrink wrote:Good job on the flip! Now the real fun begins! You get to make it look like a real boat.

What does the back of t-shirt you were wearing in those pictures say? Can a Water Buffalo plant a church?
Thanks for the compliment! The back of the shirt says Gospel for Asia, a ministry my wife and I have supported for years. They work among the poor in Asia. There are dozens of cool gifts donors can purchase that are given to those in need. The missionaries of the organization find people that will be good recipients of the charity (those in really bad situations) and in doing so oftentimes have an opportunity to share about the love of Christ. One water buffalo can impact a whole family much like a good education can here in the west. Here is a video I did the voice over for that explains it. https://www.mygfa.org/p/choose/waterbuffalo/ However I noticed a glitch in the narration. I notified the ministry to see if the can fix it. :D
Joe H wrote:Congrats on the flip, nice looking family.

Joe H
Thanks Joe! They are wonderful.
willg wrote:I met Casey, his dad and son today as he was getting his trailer fitted. Let me tell you, the hull is flawless and looks as good as you might expect from the pictures. Beautiful, precise craftsmanship. It was also nice to meet three fine gentlemen!

I now have Casey's boat stand and will either use it myself or will help get it to anyone who may be interested in it, just let me know. I am in The Woodlands, TX.
Thanks Will! We enjoyed meeting you and getting to hang out. I hope you get to build your boat.
Southern Gent wrote:Casey, You and your Dad did a great flip. Man what a great looking rig. Work Safe
Thanks Southern Gent!!!
chopperman wrote:Casey,

Congrats on the flip :!: Your hull looks great 8) I'm sure you were relieved to get the hull safely on the trailer.
Thanks Mark!!!!
Hope2float wrote:Great pictorial of the flip, nice family and good memories to have with your dad. You will never forget that one.
Dave
Thanks Dave! I look forward to making more memories with him out on the water. As he drove back to Oklahoma he said I'll see you when you are ready to paint it. Of course I hope to get him down here sooner to help me with some of the inside of the boat. :)
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. PR 3:27
Build Photos at Fly Fishing Monk's Phantom 18
Work Bio at Provision Retirement

flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by flyfishingmonk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:25 am

The trek down near Houston to pick up the trailer went well. Here are some of the pics. I am pleased with the trailer. The reason the one center bunk is offset is to work around the high speed pick up. The last picture is a good shot of the folding tongue.

Next I am going to pull off the wheels and fenders and tongue and put the two I beams under four adjustable jack stands. The beams will then be leveled with a water level.

Then I am going to block the hull up from the trailer to get it up off the bunks. I will place the blocks on top of the aluminum I beams and directly under the chine where it is as hard as a rock and will not shift the hull any or create any flat spots. The suspended hull will then be ready for the glass, stringers and bulkheads. At that point I will rest it back down on the bunks and make any necessary bunk adjustments with stainless steel washers.

Casey

Last edited by flyfishingmonk on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. PR 3:27

AtTheBrink
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by AtTheBrink » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:04 am

Nice trailer! I like the pictures of your kids walking around in the boat, cute kids!
Thanks for explanation of your t-shirt, that sounds like an awesome mission you are involved with. What church are you with up there?
Mike

"Come, follow me and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

flyfishingmonk
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by flyfishingmonk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:21 am

Thanks Mike! We attend Centennial Curch in Frisco TX and love it. It's the perfect size and they have sound teaching. I actually worked for Gospel For Asia for four years and really enjoyed. They do some great work. The church we attend does a lot of work in Haiti with schools and orphans. It's pretty cool. Here in a few days I'll be giving some seminars and workshops at New Tribes Missions. They are a great organization as well. They work in some incredible areas of the world too. I may even get to fish a 1/2 a day while I'm at it!