Ilker's TW28

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Ilker's TW28

Post by Cracker Larry » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:36 pm

8) 8) 8) :!:

Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Dougster wrote:I love that wheel, beautiful thing.
Yeah it's ok I guess! :wink: Mine's nicer!

Just kidding.

Well done Ilker. Coming along nicely. Are you using hydraulics for steering?
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

TW28RJ
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TW28RJ » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Hey Ilker,

Nice job on the helm!! Well done -

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:55 am

I am actually done on boat building.. tomorrow is our due date for our first kid so I go on a huge break

I tried to finish everything before than but even working 6 full days a week is not enough on a big boat like this.. there is a lot to do.. actually more is finished like drawers for the galley, the stone to decorate it on top etc but those will all be mounted after the paint job..

I want to spend my time with my baby.. I got a deal with a cntractor on to paint the boat.. Probably it will take them couple of weeks to finish the fairing and sanding and first coat.. THan I will go and lay down the wood floors.. ANd than the final coats.. I dont know when I can do that as from yesterday I had nothing but the baby excitement in my head.. we will see..

The steering wheel is ready bought from an Italian brand.. it was around 250$...

The steering system is hydraluics but the pump is quite hidden behind the wheel and the detachable front piece of the helm area.. at first I left it open but than I didn't want to see the black box behind the wheel and so made another wood piece and the wood finish was much better...
Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:17 am

Well done Ilker. You did the best you could before the baby's arrival. Good luck with that. Won't be long and the baby will be grown up and driving the boat!!! Enjoy the new family addition. Congratulations.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi Ilker

How's the new family addition doing? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well.
Yours Aye! Rick

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:51 am

Thanks Rick, we are all fine here..

the baby boy arrived on 16th of November.. Both the baby boy and the mother are all healthy.

Wish he was here a bit earlier to help all the work on the boat :lol:

I havent been to the workshop since my last post.. should have finished it before my son arrived but couldnt make it.. the boat is faired but the fun part - sanding and priming - is about to begin.
Ilker

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Kind of started in the last couple of weeks from where I left as both my boy and the old lady told me that I am not what they need at home :lol:

Hardwood magohany pieces for various areas that I have pre made on the shop floor and than installed on the boat itself..

The engine cover and etc which are moveable are all filed with Sikaflex 290 DC on the ground but I am yet to fill the ones on the last pic.. It takes a lot of time, lot of sealant.. lots and lots of patience.. I bought an air pistol for this job only as my hands were blistered... with the help of the compressor it is really fast now.. but after it dries out, there will be the sanding and cleaning bit which I am not looking forward too...

Engine sole piece..

Interior shot of cockpit and galley..

Head door is on..

Fore deck is epoxy glued...

Ilker

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Fabulous work :!:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

wegcagle
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wegcagle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:45 pm

WOW 8O 8) 8) 8)

Will

GV15, D4 done! Dreaming about the next one