Joe's P19 RE-LAUNCH

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Joe's P19

Post by topwater » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:09 am

Joe i plan on glassing mine .
Novi 23 finally launched !

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:12 am

Not for strength but for durability and protection.. I would..
Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Yep, sounds like a plan, I just didn't want to use the 12oz, seemed like too much, would 4 or 6 oz be enough or even lighter?

Thanks
Joe H

BTW: For future refererence, I'm short 2 sheets of 3/8 ply, the nesting plans need to be updated, it's as if the CAD guy scaled some peices down just to fit it on the 4X8 Sheet. :doh:
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Joe H wrote:. . .

BTW: For future refererence, I'm short 2 sheets of 3/8 ply, the nesting plans need to be updated, it's as if the CAD guy scaled some peices down just to fit it on the 4X8 Sheet. :doh:
The nesting is tight but it works, nothing is scaled down.
Which part do you think was scaled?

A CNC kit will require more plywood because of the width of the router bit: 1/4" for each piece when you have up to 10 pieces lined up on the same sheet = 5" (2 edges) but if you cut with a jigsaw, it fits.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Hope2float » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Joe I would definitely glass the sole. The 6oz will be perfect. This will stop any checking or blistering. It seems like the wood is not as good as claimed, Not directed at Bateau but the manufactures. I had multiple coats of epoxy on that boat one day of rain, let it sit walla checking.
Dave

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:39 pm

jacques wrote
Which part do you think was scaled?
On the nesting plans check out the stringers on the top 2 sheets of the 3/8 ply and the Motor well bottoms, no big deal, I need at least one more sheet for the seat boxes anyway. (P19 # D246/2)
But I'll bet ya a 6 pack of Canada's finest beer to a 6 pack of original Belgium Beer that I'm right! :)
(I spent a few months in Genk Belgium, no better beer in my opinion.)

Hope2float
I didn't even think about any checking or blistering, good point. I keep my boat sitting in the canal out back in the sun and weather for 6 months out of the year, best to protect.

Joe H

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 pm

I picked up 2 more sheets of 3/8 ply this weekend, 1 sheet will be used for the seat boxes and I was able to use the other for the pieces that didn't fit on the original 7 pieces of 3/8 ply called out in the BOM.

You can see the difference in the stringers from the original nesting plans to what I drew up on CAD from the dimensions, plus take a closer look at the motor well bottoms, they are also shown smaller on the nesting plans the actual.

No big deal but bottom line is you will need 1 more piece of 3/8 ply then what is called out in the BOM and shown on the nesting plans for the P19.

Joe H

BTW: I glassed the whole sole this past weekend too, looks good, pics to follow.

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:18 am

I've decided to eliminate the hard cover, thanks Cedarock, ha, BTW: your GF14 is looking good,
I've been tossing this idea around for awhile.

I would like to achieve this look, my dream boat. (anybody know anything about it)

Okay, I know I should have just built the CX19.

Joe H

topwater

Post by topwater » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:34 am

Joe kinda looks like a dyer 29 or a seaway, eastern. Love that look . Northeast open bass boat.
Take a look at the dyer 29 and you always put a soft top on like theirs on sunny day or rain.
LOVE IT :!: I had a pic of a nv 23 open that looked the same , it mite be in my gallery , but
it was done almost the same.
Novi 23 finally launched !