Joe's P19 RE-LAUNCH

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Hope2float
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Joe's P19

Post by Hope2float » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Very cool Joe, it has a nice look and should still keep you dry. Build on and fear no fish! 8)
Dave

Steven
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Steven » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:34 pm

That looks great Joe. Please be careful with that step ladder. That is the same one I used that collapsed twice, sending me to the hospital in an ambulance the second time. I chucked it and got one that locks open.

topwater

Post by topwater » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 am

Joe how far back from the bulkhead did you put your seat boxs :?:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks Dave, "Build on and fear no fish!" :D

Steven, your boat looks great and congrads on the launch! My wife has told me the same thing about the step, you would think I'd listen after 35 years, consider it gone, I've been warned no way I can use it now! ha.

John, the seat boxes are just sitting there, I'm not sure they are going to stay just yet, besides I'm waiting for you to install yours first so you can give me the proper distance. (there about 17" from the bulkhead) :)

Oh yeah, my new bedroom:

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

Steven

Post by Steven » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Joe H wrote:
Steven, your boat looks great and congrads on the launch! My wife has told me the same thing about the step, you would think I'd listen after 35 years, consider it gone, I've been warned no way I can use it now! ha.
Thanks Joe. Just tell her you finally decided to listen to her wise advise. :)

topwater

Post by topwater » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 am

Joe it will be awhile on the seat boxs :( I am thinking about 22" from the bulkhead.
I figure about 6 " for the helm sticking out with a flat wheel on it.
Novi 23 finally launched !

cottontop
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by cottontop » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 am

Joe, It has been great watching you build this one. It is going to be one very fine boat. Certainly should keep you and your family dry. I plan on keeping the OD 18. I was going to sell her to get a little extra money for the next build, but my daughter wants it. It will remain parked under the barn at my house.

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:00 pm

work on the p19 has come to a screeching halt! since my exploratory scope and clean up of my shoulder joint last year my pain has just worsened, several weeks ago something broke, felt like I broke a tooth off a gear, ouch, so my orthopedic surgeon suggested total shoulder joint replacement, my arthritis wore the glenoid ?? down to nothing, bone to bone, so i opted for the op and now have a new socket and joint.

so here i am 1 week post opt.

i do have a question about the build, i would like to build a conventional wood frame windshield instead of the plywood, mahogony, redwood or something like that. does anyone have or know where i can get some plans or ideas?

something like this:

i also like the bi-fold cabin doors, they fold out by the way.

jason,
give me a call in another week or so, you can come out and get some measurements.

joe h

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Joe H wrote:work on the p19 has come to a screeching halt! since my exploratory scope and clean up of my shoulder joint last year my pain has just worsened, several weeks ago something broke, felt like I broke a tooth off a gear, ouch, so my orthopedic surgeon suggested total shoulder joint replacement, my arthritis wore the glenoid ?? down to nothing, bone to bone, so i opted for the op and now have a new socket and joint.
Man that kind of sucks!! wish you all the best man! good healing and good luck! 8)

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:21 pm

thx peter, yeah, sucks and not in a good way, 6-8 weeks home from work, i have very good short term disability pay from work but still worry about whats going on in my absence.
meds are good and strong, just can't do anything!