"BERKIM" - TW28 is splashed!!!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
icelikkilinc
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: "BERKIM" - TW28 is splashed!!!

Post by icelikkilinc » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:48 am

Varnishing the new wood.. Always love wood working... The smell of Hard wood without any chemicals is amazing..
But gotta protect it from the external factors sooo..

And than lots and lots of sanding, washing, varnishing. Fairing on areas where it needs paint touch ups and repairs etc..

Crappy pic...

With the 4 step folding added for easy access.. made of 316SS.

And packing the baby as I don't want to see any scratches..

All running gear cleaned up and re assembled.. My back really hurts :help:

It will be very hard to part ways but I have to live where I can work.. Feeling really sad.. Will see how long it will take but the as should be online this week...

Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:05 am

I'd like to offer my condolences Ilker. That'll be so sad having to give up your boat. No amount of money can compensate you for your hard work and fine attention to detail on Berkim. :cry:
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:25 am

Sorry to hear that you have to sell the boat. Yours is one of the nicest TW28's.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://bateau.com

icelikkilinc

Post by icelikkilinc » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:14 am

I tried against it but I have been in UK since March 2013 and it has been not used for 3 seasons now.
The engine has only 100 hours on.

It will loose its value just sitting there and me being in the country in 2 weeks is summer, it does not make any financial benefits..

This summer I had 3 weeks holiday, spent 2 weeks night in night out doing all this work.
spent the other week sailing the Med on a Charter Catamaran that I have skippered. Costs per family was €1000 for the whole week including boat, food and loadsssss of alcholll.. I will look to own something in the future probably but for the time being, I cannot have a boat in Turkey when I am living in a different country.

This was the boat that I had for a week... a Fountaine Pajot Athena 38.. Old but more seaman compared to most of today's production catamarans as this was very low profile compared to the Lagoon's etc which is like a floating house :doh:

Ilker

TW28 launch: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23369