BarraMan's Mangusta 21 barraboat in Townsville, AUS

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: BarraMan's Mangusta 21 barraboat in Townsville, AUS

Post by Fuzz » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:25 am

Wonderful videos :!: Thanks for posting them. Pops right up on step and runs like a scalded cat :D When you do run it offshore please let us know how it does.
I bet the three years of work all seem like it was worth it about now :D

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:24 am

Your *bateau builder - expert* gong is richly deserved Lee. :D She's a great boat, and your advice to others is well considered. 8)
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by blueflood » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:25 am

Hi Lee,

8) 8) You did a super great job and outfitted the way you wanted. You sure put in some fast time on her, I never thought it would have been built so fast since I kept up with your build. She looks like a prize 8) :D What else is there to do ?

On another note, is it me or I am reading some friction with Peter or just friendly teasing :( :roll:

Marc
Last edited by blueflood on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

BarraMan
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by BarraMan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:17 am

Built so fast since I kept up with your build. She looks like a prize 8) :D What else is there to do or is she totally finished ?
No, not finished - just splashable. Still have quite a lot to do - maybe another years worth. The decks and cockpit are only done with high-build epoxy primer, so they have to be painted. Some of the hatches have to be fitted with recessed hinges. Cleats and rod holder to be fitted. Anchor winch and trolling motor installed. Lights etc. Rub rail. Second console, rod locker, hard top.

On another note, is it me or I am reading some friction with Peter or just friendly teasing :( :roll:

There does appear to be a certain lack of a sense of humour there!

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:19 am

I think Pete is giving you a friendly ribbing while asking a serious question. I've often wondered why folks use different hula to make what looks like the exact same boat. I don't know enough to ask meaningful questions though. I'm eager to see his reply to you requirements.

That said, that is a nice build. Not sure what a barra is but i think you're in for some good times finding them with that beauty.

cape man

Post by cape man » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:09 am

It's that Curacao sun and rum...add in the Dutch lack of filters when they write in English and sometimes you get something weird. His emoticons were all in good jest, so take it as given. I had to go look at the plans for the Mangusta to see what he was talking about and indeed your build is MUCH different than what Jacques had in his head when drawing it. All that said, she's gorgeous, built just like you wanted, and based on those videos an aggressive, well balanced machine. She looks spartan and ready for some serious action!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by blueflood » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:17 am

BarraMan wrote:There does appear to be a certain lack of a sense of humour there!
No kidding, sure seems like it :? That's why I got divorced :lol: :lol:
Jaysen wrote:That said, that is a nice build. Not sure what a barra is
Had to look that one up myself :lol: Never knew that fish species but Justin had some photos I think :idea: Kind of cool to see what our brothers on the far side have for fish and game. Just recently I started to watch Bondi Vet on the tube - a little education in itself :D

Keep at Lee, she will rock !

Marc

cvincent
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cvincent » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:34 am

Beautiful boat, congratulations.
Completed D15, Building PH18

Southern Gent
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Southern Gent » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Lee, nice job. Hope you get to land the big one soon. Best wishes

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:40 am

cape man wrote:It's that Curacao sun and rum...add in the Dutch lack of filters when they write in English and sometimes you get something weird. His emoticons were all in good jest, so take it as given. I had to go look at the plans for the Mangusta to see what he was talking about and indeed your build is MUCH different than what Jacques had in his head when drawing it. All that said, she's gorgeous, built just like you wanted, and based on those videos an aggressive, well balanced machine. She looks spartan and ready for some serious action!
LOL :lol: Yes Craig that's exactly what I meant, thx for explaining it much clearer as I did,there was indeed some Caribbean rum involved Image it was not bad intended at all as the emoticons indeed should have explained, apparently they did a bad job I think I have to fire them :lol: :lol: whoops there I go again