A Cracker Built GF18- Finished 6/28/15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: A Cracker Built GF18

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Is there dedicated communication bus from the Engine?
Yes everything from speed, rpm, hours, fuel level, fuel burn, water temp and other things that I can't remember right now. High tech stuff, very cool 8)

That reminds me that we have a full set of analog Sahara series Teleflex gauges that we won't be using and are available for sale. Let me know if anyone is interested and wants to see pictures.

Worn out and had plenty of practice with hole saws and jig saws today. Got it all worked out to satisfaction. Mine anyway :D

Holy console :!:

I'll be the first to break in the new cup holders and declare it cuba libre time :D

The only thing left to fit that I know of are some 12V power outlets. Then ready to fill all the screw holes, prime it with epoxy and start glassing it up.
Last edited by Cracker Larry on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:08 pm

That looks great captain! 8) 8)

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Thanks Peter! I had a visit from the FedEx truck today and it wasn't boat parts, it was 2 very nice Lucky Shot Fishing Team polo shirts from Curacao :D :D :D . Thanks my friend, I'll do my best to keep epoxy and blood off of them :D Awesome. Proud to be a member of the Lucky Shot team :!:

Then USPS came and brought more boat parts. An LED lighting system that looks like it may rival a nightclub, or ever Peter's boat :lol: Haven't had time to study it much yet but it has several under-gunwale strip lights, 2 sets of bait well lights, cooler lights, front and rear cockpit lights, locker lights and I don't know what all. Sure hope it doesn't have a big console control switch, running out of real estate on this console.
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Cracker Larry wrote:Thanks Peter! I had a visit from the FedEx truck today and it wasn't boat parts, it was 2 very nice Lucky Shot Fishing Team polo shirts from Curacao :D :D :D . Thanks my friend, I'll do my best to keep epoxy and blood off of them :D Awesome. Proud to be a member of the Lucky Shot team :!:
:D Your very welcome, hope they fit, 8) was the letter still in the box?

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:46 pm

was the letter still in the box?
Yes :D

Rogerdog
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Rogerdog » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:51 pm

I love it. :D

You have a great eye for the layout. I was thinking yesterday that the multi-function gauges could be closer together, but all put together and with the stereo, they make sort of a face that I really like.

Very cool. 8)

You had talked about a spacer under the throttle handle. Do you still think it needs it?

Does the space directly above the pod make sense as a place for two of the 12Vs? The thing charging could sit in the crook between the pod and the console.

Up at the very top on one side or the other might make sense for a 12V plug, especially for a plug-in hand spot light, and the thing charging could sit in one of the cup holders. Probably would not drill there until after Raymond is through.

Inside the console is the other place where a couple of 12Vs make sense.

The shiny bits are cool -- even if they're mostly black plastic and glass.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Cracker Larry wrote:
was the letter still in the box?
Yes :D
Good :D
I 'recently" installed 4 of those around my hard top, those are great love them! a LOT of light at very little power draw, very decently build also 8)
http://www.westmarine.com/deck-lights/o ... --12712675

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:40 pm

I was thinking yesterday that the multi-function gauges could be closer together,
I thought that too, right after I drilled the holes :doh: I left enough space here to add another gauge or something between them, never know what the brown truck is bringing tomorrow :lol: Thinking now that there is plenty of room for 2- 12V power outlets right between them and it will balance them out.
Does the space directly above the pod make sense as a place for two of the 12Vs?
Yes, I think that will work too.
You had talked about a spacer under the throttle handle. Do you still think it needs it?
No, it's fine like it is. It's a little higher than I thought it would be. Reverse won't be an issue.
Last edited by Cracker Larry on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbiro
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by robbiro » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Larry, sorry for a short hi-jack. the weather front headed your way is rife with tornadic activity!! We had three touchdowns in our county right before dark today, Have not heard of any deaths, and not a lot of injuries, but a big box store took a hit along with a Honda dealer, etc. Keep a weather eye pealed!!

Robbie
32.20.0983N
89.48.0787W
GF-16 FIRST LIGHT finished; D-5 Crusader '08 finished, PY 12 plans in hand

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:36 pm

I've been watching that, Robbie. Hell of a storm moving through west of us, hoping that the worst is over before it gets here. Sure am sorry for the people who are catching those tornadoes :( :help: That is ugly :!: