Penny HMD19

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Penny HMD19

Post by blueflood » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi all,

It has been a while but here is Penny being hauled on the trailer ready for the ride home. These were taken last fall - it was a scorching hot day. Today though, there is 2 feet of snow on the ground, it is -20C and she looks lonely and pathetic covered with a tarp but she is finally parked in the back yard and ready for another build season hopefully. Lots of changes in my life; got married for the first time at 60 :D, instant family and step-dad of two kids, sold the cottage to my brother, bought a small house in the woods close to Ottawa which really feels like home :D but the bugs, oh the bugs...as many as where I was before :roll:

I had problems uploading the photos last year but figured it out now ! There is a ton to do still, those aluminum flat bar rub rails need rounding over at the ends, the outboard rigging, lots of outfitting, some electrical details, some Monstaliner touch-ups, windows and cushions to be made will keep me busy for a while. That said, I do not see a launching before next year or the year after :roll: :help:

Marc
Build on !!
Last edited by blueflood on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:49 pm

She is a real beauty! Hope you get her in the water sooner than you'd hoped.

blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by blueflood » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi Bogieman...thank you ! Bathroom reno just done and kitchen starting...hmmm :doh: At least do a few things to move her along :D
I can't believe it has been seven years already.

Marc

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:27 pm

I agree, a real beauty!!! Jeff

changeat44
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by changeat44 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi Marc,

I added your new pictures to my HMD collection. A view could be used for a postcard! So nice!!

I hope summer starts early for you so you can build on!
With your 'new' family you got a pair of extra hands to help, so maybe the launch will be earlier :wink:

Daniel

blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by blueflood » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:53 pm

Hey Daniel !!

Still snacking on the cookies :D. I am anticipating seeing photos of your model and the real thing later on. The younger one is too young to help and the other has just joined the Navy...my wife did help me with the electrical and is up to it again when we have a chance. But cruising is what we fantasize about. It will be a blast.

Hope things are good with you my friend. Be good and get cracking 8)

Marc