PG25 Panga Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
jorgepease
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: PG25 Panga Build

Post by jorgepease » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Yep, and nice gradual curves should make it easy to pull those cables!

Fonda@kauai
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fonda@kauai » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Deja Vu :D
Aloha

subbie95
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by subbie95 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:30 am

Looks great! I'm following this one closely as I'm starting my build of the same boat this weekend. Between this thread and fonda's Panga 22 build thread...I think all my questions have been answered. Thanks for posting guys!

PangaRon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PangaRon » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:24 pm

I installed the sole! I decided to screw it down nice and flat so I'll fill the screw holes when I fillet and tape the sides. I have the console built (I added 6 inches in height) so I will bolt down the base and install that next. I'm having a bow tank manufactured and am also working on the scuppers. I'll post more photos as progress continues. It is great to finally stand in the boat and feel how much deck space is in the Panga 25!

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:08 pm

PangaRon wrote: I installed the sole! I decided to screw it down nice and flat so I'll fill the screw holes when I fillet and tape the sides.
Nothing wrong with that, I did it the same way and it holds up very fine!

Fonda@kauai
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fonda@kauai » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:12 pm

Looks good, congrats on another milestone. I did the same with my sole- removed the screws and filled the holes with epoxy prior to taping. One thing I would definitely suggest is to wrap EVERYTHING in glass. The floor, edges of frames, everything. Even it's just 4 oz. I've been really hard on mine so far, and I'm sure I'd be repairing wood if it weren't for the glass on everything. It won't add much weight if your careful. My 22 is still self bailing with 4 guys and a lot of ice and gear. There's plenty of deck space in my 22, so the 25 is gonna be sweet :D
Aloha

PangaRon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PangaRon » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks for the advice Fonda! I will go ahead and glass it all then. Any and all advice is appreciated. The PG25 deck space is huge! I would have been fine with the 22, but I already have a trailer.

subbie95
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by subbie95 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:55 am

I'm building the same boat, albeit, I'm a ways behind your current state of doneness. I was curious about whether you put foam below your sole? Also, did you epoxy seal and/or glass in the underside of the sole panels?

I'm trying to understand the pro's and con's of using the flotation foam....well in advance of actually needing it.

Thanks,

Ryan

PangaRon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PangaRon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Ryan, I did put flotation foam under the sole. The pro is giving your boat a "life jacket" in case you flip or get swamped. The con is the cost. +/- $400. The mixing and installation was super easy, but you'll need to move fast. The water on the central coast of CA is pretty cold and floating in the drink without a boat does not sound good to me. Good luck on the build!

Fonda@kauai
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Fonda@kauai » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Also, did you epoxy seal and/or glass in the underside of the sole panels?
No glass on the bottom of the sole, but EVERYTHING gets coated with 2 coats of epoxy. Especially under the sole and areas you wont ever see again.
Aloha