ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

Post by glossieblack » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:50 am

Thanks OQ.
cape man wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:55 am
You better stop dressing her up only to undress her again without taking her out! She's going to get tired of the teasing..
:wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spent time this afternoon cutting to shape, then starting to fillet in, the ring flange to the interior of the engine enclosure. It will house the rubber seal between the sole upturn and the enclosure.

Both pics below are with the top of the enclosure removed.

The first shows the top face of the sole upturn sitting within the enclosure, before installation of the ring flange. The second with the ring flange installed.

The weight of the engine enclosure will compress the rubber seal located between the two.

Hope this explanation makes sense.

Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:24 am

If you want to go back to work I'd let you cut and stitch on me. Nice call! Great foresight on a small but maybe ugly situation.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:00 pm

GB SkinnyDip is going to develop bipolar disease if you don't quit teasing her with all the rebuilds and changes :lol: I can't wait for you to finish her and get her on the water. And a belated happy birthday to your better half. :D

Take care and one step at a time. At our age there really no rush on anything. :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Glossie don’t listen to these nay sayers. We know half the fun with a girl is undressing her :wink: :P

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:35 am

cape man wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:24 am
If you want to go back to work I'd let you cut and stitch on me.
That would not be wise, as I've no cut and stitch credentials or experiennce. Could be fun though :lol:
Last edited by glossieblack on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:40 am

Thanks for the laughs Tom and Fuzz. :D

Only a short session of boat building today, filleting-in the underside of engine enclosure's ring flange.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:44 am

Today covings were laid down between the hulls sides, the perimeter of the sole, and the athwartships hanging knees and frames. All are now close to being fair enough for painting.

Fairing of the rest of the sole is yet to be done (the areas still covered by peel ply).

I'm starting to see some light at the end of the internal fairing tunnel. :D

The cockpit side coamings (technically carlins, as they will not protrude above the deck) ) were also glued in today.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:41 pm

Looking good GB.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 pm

I am sure being able to see the end of the fairing is a good feeling. Seeing as you will want the decks to be non-skid I bet you will not need to do much on them. and then you can move on to something that is not an endless circle :wink:

OrangeQuest

Post by OrangeQuest » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:55 am

Really looking good! But, but, but, still have to see what it looks like under the peel ply!