ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: ST21 Hybrid Powered "SKINNYDIP" Noosa Australia

Post by Fuzz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:31 pm

We all know beautiful girls open doors that would otherwise remain closed. Now that Skinnydip has opened the door for you I say take full advantage :wink:
I am sure it was just an accident you let Skinnydip strut her stuff right in front of Noosia boating crowd :roll:
" Babies got her blue jeans on"

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:21 am

Thanks Jaysen, Eric, Lee and Fuzz. :D

There has been welcome rain here in Noosa today, so no boating, just reading, and a relaxing lunch.

Over lunch, the child bride opined that I'd got Skinnydip to a useful pause point, that it was way past time for us to once again cruise in Great Sandy southwards for 2-3 months, and that she'd been patiently bidding her time while I got Skinnydip's propulsion problems sorted. Then she suggested that I delay fine tuning Skinnydip's performance until we returned.

I've readily agreed. Happy boating wife, happy boating life. :D

Between rain squalls late this afternoon I went and checked Skinnydip's mooring lines, and lingered a while, admiring her lines. Thanks JM!
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:46 am

She looks great GB - a superb job. Are you going to leave her on a mooring for 2-3 months? I would imagine she'd be in danger of being molested by all the pelicans and seagulls in the area.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Mrs GB and Great Sandy have gracefully allowed you to spend time with the saucy little tart. They now desire your full attention. You are defiantly living a life well lived. Please take us along on this journey also. :D

cape man

Post by cape man » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Enjoy the cruise. The ongoing saga of Skinnydip will wait till your return. All I ask is that the thread includes years of adventure in the first ST21 ever made. She's a masterpiece to inspire others. I can see this design plying the shores and back waters of Florida and turning heads everywhere you go.

I do want to especially see the first load of oyster shell on that deck... 8)
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 am

Thanks for you cruising well wishes Fuzz and cape man. We're aiming to get out over the Noosa bar on the high ties towards the end of the month. Fingers crossed that the weather gods present us with a moderate sea state and winds.
Rickk wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:46 am
She looks great GB - a superb job. Are you going to leave her on a mooring for 2-3 months? I would imagine she'd be in danger of being molested by all the pelicans and seagulls in the area.
She's back in the build shed now while we cruise. After we return, she'll have protective cover made up before she's placed in the drink full time.

Today I got a memory stick copy of the two phone videos of the test runs done last week. I've just posted them on youtube.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc3_ftoq6qw[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMvEfXGPkIw[/youtube]

Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:05 am

That is so cool Michael! You look like the village Chief heading to an important meeting! :lol:

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:33 am

Very Nice Glossie!

cape man

Post by cape man » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:13 am

Congrats again! Thanks for posting this.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:48 am

Congrats GB, she looks great in the water!!! Jeff