Woods Skoota 32DM

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 5081
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:43 am

antoniekruger wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:00 am
HI fg1k,
I've missed out on your blog for some reason.....
I can see you are on the mend. Big op, the hip. I have an colleague with a new knee and a 34 y/o colleague that is going in for a new hip...soon. Dang, we are fragile.
I had an elbow op and it took twice as long to heel because I did not rest it properly - Sorting the garage, driving, gardening ect. Eventually my doc put my whole arm in a cast for 2 weeks - sadist.
I hope you get well - soon is relative, just get well.
My wife reckons that she does not snore - she purrs aggressively. I move into our spare room if she has a cold.
Cheers
Good story.

Wearing a fitbit today. At 300 before getting out the door to the bus stop.

Purrs aggressively. I like that. My wife gets a cold and takes Nyquil and no snoring at all.

My room is a bit of a hospital bed; moving would be a problem. I had some pain and added a pain killer and fell asleep.


My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:57 pm
Location: Bryson City, NC

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by TomW1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Fallguy take it easy on that hip and do what the doctor says. I have 9 screws and a plate in my left ankle and I will tell you I did not follow everything he said 20 years ago so am paying for it now with arthritis in it. Your hip will last you for 20 years or so as long as long as let it heal, if you push it, it won't. Have relatives that needed new ones in 15 years, dang farmers. :lol:

Well take care and get well and take it easy and don't worry about the boat for a couple of weeks. Build up the muscles they cut.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 5081
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 pm

TomW1 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:27 pm
Fallguy take it easy on that hip and do what the doctor says. I have 9 screws and a plate in my left ankle and I will tell you I did not follow everything he said 20 years ago so am paying for it now with arthritis in it. Your hip will last you for 20 years or so as long as long as let it heal, if you push it, it won't. Have relatives that needed new ones in 15 years, dang farmers. :lol:

Well take care and get well and take it easy and don't worry about the boat for a couple of weeks. Build up the muscles they cut.

Tom
I asked for step guidance and was told to rest ifnit gets sore. Was real sore today-did zip.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:17 pm
Location: Vero Beach

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by Jeff » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 am

FallGuy, go slow and let your hip heal!! You will then get plenty of mileage out of the new one!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:57 pm
Location: Bryson City, NC

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by TomW1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Jeff wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 am
FallGuy, go slow and let your hip heal!! You will then get plenty of mileage out of the new one!! Jeff
Fallguy did they give you therapy to do. If so please do it. It will help strengthen those cut muscles and help integrate the new hip into the rest of your lower body. Well nothing comes easy so take care. I know my mom and dad had numerous joints replaced. Deb will need knee replacement surgery soon.

Take care, take it slow and heal well.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
Posts: 6314
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:13 pm
Location: Dade City, Florida

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by Aripeka Angler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:02 pm

I hear you are healing, best wishes to you!
I follow your build, it will still be there when you are back to full steam...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 5081
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by fallguy1000 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 pm

TomW1 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 pm
Jeff wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 am
FallGuy, go slow and let your hip heal!! You will then get plenty of mileage out of the new one!! Jeff
Fallguy did they give you therapy to do. If so please do it. It will help strengthen those cut muscles and help integrate the new hip into the rest of your lower body. Well nothing comes easy so take care. I know my mom and dad had numerous joints replaced. Deb will need knee replacement surgery soon.

Take care, take it slow and heal well.

Tom
No muscles were cut for my hip surgery. I had the minimally invasive anterior procedure.

But they still cut my leg off.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:57 pm
Location: Bryson City, NC

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by TomW1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:13 pm

fallguy1000 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 pm
TomW1 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 pm
Jeff wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 am
FallGuy, go slow and let your hip heal!! You will then get plenty of mileage out of the new one!! Jeff
Fallguy did they give you therapy to do. If so please do it. It will help strengthen those cut muscles and help integrate the new hip into the rest of your lower body. Well nothing comes easy so take care. I know my mom and dad had numerous joints replaced. Deb will need knee replacement surgery soon.

Take care, take it slow and heal well.

Tom
No muscles were cut for my hip surgery. I had the minimally invasive anterior procedure.

But they still cut my leg off.
Amazing what they can do these days. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6307
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:17 pm
Location: Vero Beach

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by Jeff » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Glad you are doing well FallGuy!! Jeff

User avatar
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:14 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Woods Skoota 32DM

Post by OrangeQuest » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:30 pm

fallguy1000 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 pm

No muscles were cut for my hip surgery. I had the minimally invasive anterior procedure.

But they still cut my leg off.
I do remember the Fallguy did have both legs, an arm and a eye ball replaced so you still need to ctach up! :D

You did say that not moving around caused your old leg to cause you more pain so how long before the new one gets broken in? After the break in period do you take it in and get all the lubes replaced and the nuts and bolts checked and tighten? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your cold weather can't be helping but I hope you start feeling better soon.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests