HM19 in Romania

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
BogdanFerariu
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

HM19 in Romania

Post by BogdanFerariu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:36 am

Hey there

After building FS14, I bought the plans for HM19.
Because this boat is so much larger, it would not fit in my garage, so I built a new workshop, in a corner of my yard.
It is 26 ft x 16 ft x 10 ft height, it is heated, and it took me 2 months of work.
So now I hope I can finally start building the HM19 next week.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: HM19 in Romania

Post by Eric1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:48 am

Very Nice!! Now get to work! :D

BogdanFerariu
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BogdanFerariu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am

I finally started working, last week.
I managed to avoid errors so far.

I want to change some things. I want the planing , but i like most the interior layout of the HMD. I love blueflood's Harmony HMD.
So, I want to combine them. I will move the F frame 200 mm to the stern, and I'll use that space for the pilothouse.
I will lower the sole on the pilothouse by 120 mm, only betwen the stringers, and I will raise the pilothouse roof by 100 mm, so I'll have standing room in the center.
C frame I want to be frame only in the portside, so i can enter into the cabin more easily.
I have to lower the stringers in the cabin by 120 mm, so I will have a leveled sole in the cabin and pilothouse, and that will also alow me to lower the berth by 120 mm, and gain sitting space.
Since the stringers are glued to the berth's sides, I will prolong the berth sides along the stringers, beyond frames C and B by 200 mm, to avoid the loss of the stringers resistence.

I also want to use an 60 hp engine, instead of the 50 hp recomemended. I will increase the thickness of the clamping board by one layer of 10 mm plywood, and increase the thickness of motorwell sides. Those will be shortened by 200 mm, but only above the sole, under the sole they will go along the stringers, like the original.

I hope all of this is not that big changes and it will work.

BogdanFerariu
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BogdanFerariu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 am

And some pictures:

drawing the chines

Last edited by BogdanFerariu on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by blueflood » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi BogdanFerariu,

If you want / need my plans for your baby, let me know. I have sent copies to Justin Dwyer for his P19 last year for him to have a starting point. At least you will have some dimensions to work with even if the boats are different. They are fairly detailed and were invaluable to built without doing things on the fly. Also, I could fabricate sub-assemblies for them to be ready at some later time. I would not have built Harmony without plans - she is big :D

Nice shop !!

Marc

BogdanFerariu
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BogdanFerariu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:07 am

blueflood wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:45 pm
Hi BogdanFerariu,

If you want / need my plans for your baby, let me know. I have sent copies to Justin Dwyer for his P19 last year for him to have a starting point. At least you will have some dimensions to work with even if the boats are different. They are fairly detailed and were invaluable to built without doing things on the fly. Also, I could fabricate sub-assemblies for them to be ready at some later time. I would not have built Harmony without plans - she is big :D

Nice shop !!

Marc

If you want to share them, they are welcome. Thank you.

blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by blueflood » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 am

Hi BogdanFerariu,

I would be happy to send you a copy; let me know your address and will slow mail them over.

Marc

BogdanFerariu
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BogdanFerariu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:22 am

blueflood wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 am
Hi BogdanFerariu,

I would be happy to send you a copy; let me know your address and will slow mail them over.

Marc
bogdanferariu@yahoo.com

blueflood
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by blueflood » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 am

ok thank you. I assumed you wanted paper prints but I can make .pdf

Marc

BogdanFerariu
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BogdanFerariu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:43 pm

I just realise that I don't have to lower the stringers in order to lower the berth sole.
Initially, I thought that I have to, becaus the berth sole is standing on the stringers, but I am going to install it on cleats, and loose 4 cm, the width of the stringers.
I guess this is better than lowering the stringers.