LM18 low sheer round chine

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: LM18 low sheer round chine

Post by Capt UB » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Work 10-12 hours.... Check on Mom.. Then hoping to work on boat, just one hour or two before the rain comes...

The rain is winning, 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍕🍕🍕🍔🌭🥪🥨

But eating well.....,😋

><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Capt UB wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:10 pm
Work 10-12 hours.... Check on Mom.. Then hoping to work on boat, just one hour or two before the rain comes...

The rain is winning, 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍕🍕🍕🍔🌭🥪🥨

But eating well.....,😋
:D

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:10 pm

I like eating well too!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:45 am

First morning to wake up to 76° temp., it's been months of near 100° at 5 am. Hope this is a sign of building to start!

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Capt UB wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:45 am
First morning to wake up to 76° temp., it's been months of near 100° at 5 am. Hope this is a sign of building to start!
We have been seeing temps in the high 70s also. But we are also still getting into to high 90s and a few 3 digits too. Oh, and this week a tropical storm that came to be a few miles off the coast.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 pm

OrangeQuest wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:48 pm
Capt UB wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:45 am
We have been seeing temps in the high 70s also. But we are also still getting into to high 90s and a few 3 digits too. Oh, and this week a tropical storm that came to be a few miles off the coast.

Hope some cool air comes our way soon. I took the SandPiper out the other day just for a ride.... Forgot my hat, forgot the sunscreen and forgot the cooler.... From 5 pm to 8 pm on the St. Johns River, 3 hour cruise. It was 98* and humid. Still a great ride, you will love that FS14 you are building.

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:10 am

74° at 8:30am Got the windows opened!

Got to do alot of yard work in backyard for the SandPiper. Need to level out an area, maybe put down white gravel. I put her back there for the storms, but not on a level surface.

The Stiletto (LM18) is airing out, been covered for too long! With the weather as nice as it is, building will be in full swing now...

Mom's hip is healed very well. The doctor told her she can drive if she feel like it, she just turned 88 on the 16 of Sept. I think she is doing better then me and most of my friends, hell we are in our 50's and 60's!

Bob

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:31 pm

Are you going to toss in a picture of the LM18 among all the weather reports? Or a cup of mixed epoxy with mixing stick, or sandpaper, or the clogged shopvac filter? :lol: :)

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:54 pm

ks8 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:31 pm
Are you going to toss in a picture of the LM18 among all the weather reports? Or a cup of mixed epoxy with mixing stick, or sandpaper, or the clogged shopvac filter? :lol: :)

The SandPiper (FS14) parking spot. Just need to remove the trellis and level with gravel. Should have taken a photo before clearing the jungle. The Stiletto (LM18) will stay in the carport for now. Going to build a low ceiling boat shed in the backyard after I finish her.
IMG_20190921_142312220.jpg

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:04 pm

Looks like it will be a good spot. Will there be any sort of canopy for the Sandpiper, or sun, clouds, and stars? :)