LM18 Houston Tx

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: LM18 Houston Tx

Post by BB Sig » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:58 am

Fairing mix is not structural. Mock up the skeg and glass first and mark a grind line. Grind back enough fairing to get your skeg glued and glassed. The marks will hopefully keep you from grinding too much.

Better to catch it now than after you rip it off! :wink:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:13 am

Eric, how did you and your family fair with all of the rain & flooding in and around Houston over the last few days? Jeff

ericwensel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ericwensel » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:58 pm

BB Sig wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:58 am
Fairing mix is not structural. Mock up the skeg and glass first and mark a grind line. Grind back enough fairing to get your skeg glued and glassed. The marks will hopefully keep you from grinding too much.

Better to catch it now than after you rip it off! :wink:
OK. thanks for the suggestion. that is in line with my understanding. I did some digging around other builds and noted that some builders have added the skeg after fairing and did what you suggest. it was nice fairing without the skeg in place but if i did it again, i would put on before fairing.

ericwensel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ericwensel » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Jeff wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:13 am
Eric, how did you and your family fair with all of the rain & flooding in and around Houston over the last few days? Jeff
We are OK. thanks for asking. The South and East side of town got hit much harder. I am on the west and got much less rain.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:19 pm

Good Eric!!! Jeff