AD 14 KIELGE

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD 14 KIELGE

Post by gonandkarl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:28 am

Hi,
Today on Friday 13th I did not really exert myself and rather put together my now finished 2 part launching dolly. I painted it yesterday after the cabin got its first topcoat and for a launching dolly one topcoat after two prime coats is enough. I know making such a thing months before the launching is not the done thing but I just felt like having it although I hope to launch the boat mainly from the trailer. So here it is on the garden table

and that the boat in the shed is not getting jealous to the garden table I also put it on her too and then it looks like this. When in real use the front part with its wheels will get fixed with a strap on both sides of the boat to the chain plates so that it stays firm not only by the weight of the boat. The chain plates will be used for it because my mast will be unstayed and so they have besides fender ropes a second reason for being on the boat.

And now that the postman brought the November issue of Practical Boat Owner no mishap on this Friday can occur to me because reading it I will end the day in leisure.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:57 am

Very nice Karl!!! Have a good weekend, Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:10 am

Karl, how are you securing the front dolly to the hull?

I really like this idea. Looks like a real winner for the lighter weight on the bateau sailing hulls. I'll have to see if I can copy that for my fat girl.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:24 am

Yes, I'll be interested too.
Your boat is quite a bit more massive than mine and I don't need anything that substantial but I enjoy all of the creative engineering on this site.
You're going to need a tongue on the dolly, no?
Tony

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am

Hi,
It will be fixed like I said on my previous post with 2 straps towards the chain plates. Here is the picture but as I am still busy painting the cabin the chain plates are not yet mounted on B frames and I let them just hang down next to the hull for the picture:

The following picture shows that these straps will hold it back to the keel shoe:

Yes I am planning some tong or just a long leash attached to the axle next to each wheel to steer in any direction with friends or relatives pushing the boat at the transom. The wheels can turn around completely ( 360 ) because the original idea from an English chaps article in PBO could only turn 45 degrees each side and he said that to be a mistake which he found out by manouvering his 400 pound dinghy lots of times to change direction.

Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:12 pm

That second picture is what I was missing.

That will be slick. Can't wait to see it in action

Bogieman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bogieman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:13 pm

:lol:

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:42 am

gonandkarl wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:52 am
Hi,
Because it was a hot day yesterday and I was in no mood to sand so I went for a short trip to my daughters house to see my grandchildren and my grandson then took the following video of my life jacket test in their pool. The test worked fine and the funny thing was I could not find any button to let the air out again and in the description there was also no mention of how to let the air out. After a few minutes I realized that the mouthpiece which can be used to put in more air has a valve which one must press to let the air out. I would definitely not drown with this vest but rather be strangled by the tightly blown up ring around the neck.

And now I have to find out where do I get a replacement co2 cylinder for my life jacket that it is loaded again.
Greetings from Karl
Haha just saw this this when going through your thread, made me smile big time :lol: hilarious :lol: Beautiful spot btw, cant wait to be in Austria again coming December
Last edited by peter-curacao on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:44 am

gonandkarl wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am

Try to find it in your thread is that steel or wood build? looks very cool 8) 8)