AD 14 KIELGE

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD 14 KIELGE

Post by gonandkarl » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 am

Hi George,
Because of the glare of bright white that is why I did paint the cockpit and benches and the bulkhead in the off white colour creme. Being colour blind is a handicap in painting anyway, but I can see at least some difference between 2 paints when they are next to each other. The top of the hatch and the deck is still bright white and until splashing time I leave it that way except that I have to put another topcoat on because I have some dings and scrapes from working with deck fittings. Right now I am making the 3rd version of seat straps to lean against while sitting on the cockpit benches. Number 1 I built from black bag straps and when it was finished I did not like the black straps on the boat. Number 2 I built from leftover white lashing straps just to find out it was not wide enough and that is why I ordered 2 inch wide red strap material and fitting carabiners. That is definitely the last version for the cockpit straps not to become a stickler for details.
Greetings from Karl

All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Bogieman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bogieman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 am

Welcome back Karl. Hope you had a great vacation.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:52 am

If you're going to put another coat on, I'm with das boot and recommend you continue, or switch as the case may be, to off-white.
Tony