AD16 Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:50 am

gonandkarl wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 am
Beautiful inside work I often think back at the plenty of times crawling in and out of the boat and this is really the kick that you see afterwards what you have done.
Thanks Karl! It must be bittersweet for you now because you have completed your Adelie and are no longer building. One nice thing is being able to document our build threads here on the forum. That way when the day comes in the future and we get the itch to build again we can look over ours threads and say "man that was a lot of work" never mind!

So I learned something else about this stage of the build- being able to walk around inside the hull- it's freaking dangerous! I'm considering tethering myself in already :lol:

Bogie

OrangeQuest

Post by OrangeQuest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 am

Bogieman wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:50 am
gonandkarl wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 am
Beautiful inside work I often think back at the plenty of times crawling in and out of the boat and this is really the kick that you see afterwards what you have done.
Thanks Karl! It must be bittersweet for you now because you have completed your Adelie and are no longer building. One nice thing is being able to document our build threads here on the forum. That way when the day comes in the future and we get the itch to build again we can look over ours threads and say "man that was a lot of work" never mind!

So I learned something else about this stage of the build- being able to walk around inside the hull- it's freaking dangerous! I'm considering tethering myself in already :lol:

Bogie
Sometimes I think you are a little crazy and then you say something that ends that wonder! :lol: :lol:
It's all about the enjoyment it brings. And looking back you can see at the beginning how you did things and have learned better ways so could make you think I can do it again just better, faster and easier.

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:53 am

Crazy like a fox! :D

And you are probably right about the hindsight part.

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:24 pm

I've noticed there are a lot of views on my build thread with only a certain few regular posts / comments by forum members, which is great/ fine with me,(let's face it, sailing is not as popular as power boating), but this post is to those of you who may be following on the forum and are dreaming/planning to one day build this boat, but are not actively building, commenting or posting. Please feel free to chime in anytime, ask questions, provide suggestions or anything at all that might help you on your way- or help me.
Last edited by Bogieman on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 pm

I’ll still suggest that the sailing part is more fun than the building part.

I try not to comment too much unless something seems off or there’s a clear “humor compatibility”. Also, it’s the middle of “everything but build” season for a lot of folks. You’ll likely see a lot of comments come fall.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:07 am

I'm enjoying following along and seeing the progress you're making, but there's no need to clutter up your thread with idle chitchat, or even worse, bad advice! I like the AD's, they seem like a really practical and fun design; if I was going to build an all-around sailboat I'd probably choose one of them.

You work really neatly, that's something I struggle with (I tend to jump in first and prepare later).
Hank

Marshall Moser
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Marshall Moser » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 am

Bogieman wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:24 pm
I've noticed there are a lot of views on my build thread with only a certain few regular posts / comments by forum members
I'm definitely a lurker that follows most of the threads around here until life gets out of the way to start my own build (I know I've been saying that for 8 years). I enjoy watching your very clean work.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 am

Yes, Bogie, I'm following the thread but haven't had anything helpful or funny to add. You're doing good!

One advantage of the build part of the process over the end result, which is being on the water, is that you can go out and fiddle with the boat at any time, even for five minutes, whereas getting to the shore and launching means that it can no longer occur in spontaneous bursts.
Tony

silentneko
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by silentneko » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:39 pm

I got nothing to add and don't know if I'll ever sail, but she's looking good so far.
Built: 15ft Skiff, 16ft Skiff, Modified Cheap Canoe.....FS17 coming soon!

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Thanks everyone! I don't want any of you to think I was complaining about a lack of following on my build. My post was intended to -maybe- encourage participation from other future builders who might be perusing the forum and viewing our build threads, but not commenting.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments and kind words. :D