AD16 Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by OrangeQuest » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:27 pm

Hope you had a cold one when the day was done! Great looking pictures, wait, where are the pictures? :doh:

"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it.

A. A. Milne

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:39 am

OrangeQuest wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:27 pm
Hope you had a cold one when the day was done! Great looking pictures, wait, where are the pictures? :doh:
Hi OQ! Here are the latest pics. No beer yesterday but I was chugging water instead.
Attachments
stbd seams.jpg
port seams.jpg

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:18 pm

NICE!!! Thing is looking better everyday! Love it!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it.

A. A. Milne

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:37 pm

It looks just like mine did at that stage of construction it will go quick now I will try and find pictures of my solar panel it is quite small 4 inches by 12 inches built to sit on the dash of a car to keep the bat topped up. It works well in my boat even under a tarp in the winter it keeps the bat topped up. It was cheep around $30 if I recall I have had it in place for 8-9 years now and it still works. It keeps my lights depth sounder and GPS and radios working just fine

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:12 pm

OrangeQuest wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:18 pm
NICE!!! Thing is looking better everyday! Love it!
Thanks OQ!

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:14 pm

das boot wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:37 pm
It looks just like mine did at that stage of construction it will go quick now I will try and find pictures of my solar panel it is quite small 4 inches by 12 inches built to sit on the dash of a car to keep the bat topped up. It works well in my boat even under a tarp in the winter it keeps the bat topped up. It was cheep around $30 if I recall I have had it in place for 8-9 years now and it still works. It keeps my lights depth sounder and GPS and radios working just fine
Nice George! And thanks

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Today I measured / cut to length all of the cleats that will support the seat tops. It's not warm enough to get them installed but at least they'll be ready when the time comes. Once the cleats are installed I'll be able to paint the berths and get the seat tops installed.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:54 pm

That is great! Will your seats have any bedding that when you sleep on them they will be more comfortable?

A. A. Milne

Biney777
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Biney777 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:23 pm

Bogieman, she is looking good. Have you painted the sleeper berths yet? What did you decide on for primer/paint?
Completed Danny Greene "Chameleon" a 10 1/2' nesting/rowing/sailing dinghy. Building an Alexa's Rocket 15 w/ optional retractable spinnaker pole.

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Bogieman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:03 pm
Today I measured / cut to length all of the cleats that will support the seat tops. It's not warm enough to get them installed but at least they'll be ready when the time comes. Once the cleats are installed I'll be able to paint the berths and get the seat tops installed.

Since you will not see under the bedding on the berths, a little non skid will help hold the foam inplace.
><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>