AD16 Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Sun May 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Thanks everyone! We had fun this weekend but kept it pretty tame. A lot of boat talk and planning.

So the plan moving forward( probably a few more weeks) is to spend whatever time is necessary sanding and faring the topsides and inside the cabin. Once I'm happy with it it'll be time to flip her.

George, I still have a lot of cosmetic filleting to do and plan do do the fillets around the window frames just like you suggest.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz » Sun May 12, 2019 6:31 pm

So you have to flip it to do the outside glassing? If that is the case I am not too sure I would speed a lot of time fairing the topsides just yet. It will hurt less if there is an opps during the flipping :wink:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Sun May 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Actually I think there’s a reasonable amount that can be done with no concerns. Ex the rubrail and hull junctions and the cockpit. The roll should be easy based on how dang light that hull is.

But then I’m likely the bad influence.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot » Sun May 12, 2019 9:37 pm

It is not hard to rool it I did it by myself with no problem and I did it more than once just think of where you place your lines and you run a few lines to catch it as it goes over center then you back off on those
works well

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sun May 12, 2019 11:01 pm

I may have forgot that funny green stuff all over the yard is normally pretty soft :roll:

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig » Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 am

Fuzz wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:01 pm
I may have forgot that funny green stuff all over the yard is normally pretty soft :roll:
And you have to mow it! :x

I am just finishing a move from no grass to about a half acre of grass. It seems like more work... :roll: Wife and baby are happy about the grass so it’s not all bad. :lol:

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot » Mon May 13, 2019 6:16 pm

The problem i had with my rub rail was water getting in behind it so i has some rot show up on the rub rail there was never any problem with water getting into the boat. If you run a line of bog along to seal that top of the rub rail to the hull you should not have any problems like that.

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Thu May 16, 2019 6:38 am

Finally finished shaping the fillets on top of the rub rails . This was a lot more work than I expected. They're not perfect but that's okay.

I also added some additional roof beams (no pics)because the cabin roof flexed too much for my liking whenever I had to walk on it to step the mast. More strength w/ neggligable weight penalty.
Attachments
IMG_3506.JPG
IMG_3503.JPG

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 am

She is looking great Bogie!!! Jeff

Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Capt UB » Thu May 16, 2019 8:36 am

Just a thought....

Add another layer of ply on top of the hand hold (thicker). Maybe 1 to 2 inches (dia.) around the hole. It would finish it nicely and give it some more strength.

IMG_3506.JPG
IMG_3506.JPG (25.94 KiB) Viewed 132 times
Last edited by Capt UB on Thu May 16, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>