AD 14 KIELGE

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD 14 KIELGE

Post by terrulian » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Karl, I would also compliment your work but am concerned you might start to get a big head. :lol:

Tony

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:02 pm

8) 8) 8)

Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Looks real good something to be proud of you did a real good job

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:03 am

Hi,
Thank you all my friends for the compliments and Tony is right but only paint fumes and smell got to my head and therefore I am glad to smell clean fresh air for the next few days before I tackle the last paint job the cabin floor from frame A to C. After that I hope it will be clear sailing through mounting the deck hardware. This is my plan till the end of this year leaving the fitting to trailer and bunks and final sail rigging to the New year before next May.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:29 am

She looks great Karl!

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 pm

I was going to send you pictures on how i did my sail rigging if you still want them let me know once I saw you were using a lung said i did not know how they work but I can still send them before I put my boat in storage for the winter

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:51 am

Hi George,
You did send me a picture of a hand drawing of the sail rigging per email, but if you could send me also pictures of your deck fittings near the mast it would help me for sure. I do not understand what you mean me having used a lung ? I will concentrate today on preparing the cabin floor for painting. The last bit of painting where I need to switch on the gas heater for a couple of days.
Greetings from Karl

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:00 am

Karl, I'm guessing he meant "lug" rig.
Tony

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 am

Looking forward to seeing your lug rig. I am strongly considering going that route as well.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi,
Yes George must have meant lug rig. Today I was back to sanding the cabin floor before I can paint it and because I loathe sanding so much I only managed to finish half of the small cabin floor. Then I got a funny picture sent from my sister should I not make it onto the water with my boat next Year I could always use one of these:

In my family there is still the thought prevalent that my sailboat will not float and sink like a stone on splashing day that is why they rather want to push me into direction old age home and the transport vehicles there.
I am looking forward to the big splashing party and with the first sail on the boat I have the support of my brother in law who is a real captain who is sailing every Year a couple of weeks on the Adria or Baltic sea. Nothing can go wrong wrong wrong.
Greetings from Karl