AD 14 KIELGE

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: AD 14 KIELGE

Post by Fuzz » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Yes happy birthday Karl! We all hope you are having a great day.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:56 am

Hi,
Thank you all for the wishes, I had a very nice day with my kids and grandchildren and now I must go on a diet again which gives me more time to work on things for the boat. All 3 boats are stored for a few months and Winter can come. The new hatch I will make in my cellar workshop after first cleaning up the mess of the last 5 years of building.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:09 am

Well I hope you have a good winter and emerge next spring all ready for boating fun :wink:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:47 am

Karl, Have a great winter and get ready for some sailing in the Spring!! Jeff

Salvatore
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Salvatore » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:11 am

Hi Karl,
Been looking at some of the pictures of your boat,wow she looks great you have every wright to be proud of her, your hard work has truly paid off.

I have been out of the sailing picture for some time I suffered a massive heart attack in December and almost died, the doctors told my wife to get the family to the hospital asap they didn't think I would last the day, Had a triple bypass and stent put in I am a lot better now, going sailing tomorrow God willing.

I am sure you are looking forward to sailing her I love the "junk rig" it looks great.

Kind Regards
Salvatore

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 am

Jeesh, Salvatore, very sorry to hear this!!
Apparently, you are now on the mend. Good for you. Keep us informed.
Tony

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi Salvatore,
I hope you are doing fine now and I was shocked when I read your lines. As it happened last December I am sure you have made it for good and a long sailing life is ahead of you. I actually thought a fat guy like me is a candidate for a heart attack and not someone like you who moved so fast finishing your beautiful boat Angelina. You even had your Pizza oven in the garden finished in record time. I wish you a nice sail tomorrow . It is spring on your side of the world so it will be especially enjoyable. Is it your first sail since you were ill ? Take live easy and do a lot of leisurely sailing. I will be thinking of you tomorrow when you sail while I drive with my wife to Vienna to visit the Nature Historical Museum a good place to let the thoughts deviate. All the best for you and keep posting again in your thread maybe with new pictures of you on the boat in Sydney harbour.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Salvatore, very sorry to hear about the heart attack!! Glad to hear you are doing better and going sailing tomorrow!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Salvatore wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:11 am
I suffered a massive heart attack in December and almost died, the doctors told my wife to get the family to the hospital asap they didn't think I would last the day, Had a triple bypass and stent put in I am a lot better now, going sailing tomorrow God willing.

Kind Regards
Salvatore
From a personal stand point, now that you are again getting a good blood flow to the heart, exercise that muscle. Get your heart rate up, within reason, and get her pumping. Good luck and hope you stay healthy!
Last edited by OrangeQuest on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi Karl, Salvatore, Tony, Jeff and OQ!

Wow Salvatore! So sorry to hear the news of your HA but glad you are on the mend. I've spent many hours studying your thread and YouTube videos; your build was / is an inspiration to me as I build my own AD16. It's good to see you back on the forum.

Bogie