AD 14 KIELGE

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD 14 KIELGE

Post by terrulian » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:06 am

As to getting tangled up with another boat: This reminds me of why I chose not to. Yep, don't do it in a harbor. Folks will often pass close astern. We towed two lines offshore to fish. Of course, they had hooks at the end.
Tony

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:09 pm

:lol:

Karl, you must give the duck and croc names, and always refer to them by name. :)

Hoping you and your family are enjoying this season of celebrating Christmas, and that you have a happy New Year!

ks8

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:08 am

Hi KS8,
I fully agree and therefore the floating duck and crocodile are herewith named Donald and Schnappi and they passed the first floating test in the washbasin perfectly as the whole world can see here. The name Schnappi comes from the German name for snap and was the title of a childrens song a few years ago.[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqBLCQbslp0[/youtube]

Donald and Schnappi united

and here Schnappi when he was still single

Happy New Year to you and your family
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:13 am

Too funny! Happy new year Karl!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:21 am

Great stuff Karl!!!!!! Happy New Year!! Jeff

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:33 am

:lol: :D

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Good one Karl. I hope you and yours have a great New Year.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:04 am

Hi,
Things are moving after my Winter hibernation I cut the lawn for the first time this year and now I will start sailing with Wilde Qualle in about 2 weeks for the first time with its junk rig. Only a few things I have to do before I sail. I have to mount an electric plug for the outboard motor near the transom and the cable connection from it to the battery box which I want to place on the cabin floor starboard side next to the centre board trunk. And the second to do thing is to rubber seal the 2 cockpit hatches on the sole better than what they are sealed now. I noticed that water was in the sole after last years outings and over Winter even that the boat was under the car port the same amount of water collected I think because of condensation. I will also practise raising the mast and setting the sail a few times in my driveway before I go to the lakes slip not to hinder others for any length of time launching their boats. I will definitely sail on a weekday like a Monday morning when I do not expect anyone at the slip. Austrians are weekend sailors and only a few of them are retired who can choose when to sail. I am still thinking of getting such a fisher man s rubber pants up to my chest for pushing the boat off the trailer into the water and guiding it to the board walk, because the water temperature is right now rather low 8 degrees Celsius ( 46 Fahrenheit ) and I do not need to be wet on top of feeling the cold through the pants. I think I have seen Fuzz wearing something like that while he was on his boat in Alaska which is another temperature category altogether. I will definitely take pictures of the first sail and maybe I manage to produce some video close to the water surface with my new under water camera I got in Winter. I will see how I can handle the rudder, the sail, lowering the centreboard, the mobile and the watertight camera all at the same time with my 2 clumsy arms and hands. Fixing the camera on the pushpit rail permanently might work.
Have a nice weekend and
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:10 am

Looking forward to the videos! :D
Tony