AD 14 KIELGE

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AD 14 KIELGE

Post by Jeff » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:09 am

She is a beauty Karl!!! Congrats again, Jeff

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:38 am

Karl, perhaps a rolling hitch or better is a Prusik knot. Use fairly light line, say 5 mil which will easily be strong enough. You shouldn't have to drill a hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFHxQ5fiUvI
Tony

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:50 am

Hi Tony,
Thank You so much for this knot. I knew You would come up with this perfect answer.
I tried it already out and it is really tight.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:32 am

Hi,
I have accepted the fact that this autumn there will not be a sail trial with my boat any more and therefore I concentrate on small things I want to make perfect over the Winter months like my 2 sheer legs I want to make them out of aluminium telescopic struts which I can stow in one of the bunks and this allows me to raise or lower the mast on the water thinking of going under bridges in Holland. I also want to improve the seals of the cockpit hatches because I got a few litres of water into the bilge when I was on the lake. A fancy hatch lid over the companionway out of marine plywood, fibreglass and epoxy is also on the agenda. I established now the exact weight of trailer and boat which is 158 kg for the trailer and 362 kg for the boat and mast ready to sail with all the appendices like rudder, ballast, electric outboard, sail and lines in the car and yard and boom on the roof carrier. Then it looks like this ( I did not pack the car and roof carrier for the drive to the weigh bridge ) and it tows nicely on the highway at 90 km per hour.

Total weight of trailer and boat 530 kg.

Greetings from Karl

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:38 pm

gonandkarl wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:32 am
Hi,
I have accepted the fact that this autumn there will not be a sail trial with my boat any more and therefore I concentrate on small things I want to make perfect over the Winter months like my 2 sheer legs I want to make them out of aluminium telescopic struts which I can stow in one of the bunks and this allows me to raise or lower the mast on the water thinking of going under bridges in Holland. I also want to improve the seals of the cockpit hatches because I got a few litres of water into the bilge when I was on the lake. A fancy hatch lid over the companionway out of marine plywood, fibreglass and epoxy is also on the agenda. I established now the exact weight of trailer and boat which is 158 kg for the trailer and 362 kg for the boat and mast ready to sail with all the appendices like rudder, ballast, electric outboard, sail and lines in the car and yard and boom on the roof carrier. Then it looks like this ( I did not pack the car and roof carrier for the drive to the weigh bridge ) and it tows nicely on the highway at 90 km per hour.

Total weight of trailer and boat 530 kg

Greetings from Karl
She looks absolutely beautiful on her trailer.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:07 am

Happy 72nd birthday Karl! :D
Completed R13 two part nesting rowboat. ST 21 under construction .... where seeking perfection is recognized as the enemy of the good.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:50 am

Thanks Michael,
I wish you and your wife lots more nice cruising in The Whitsundays Islands and no more ground contact.
Still looking forward to a nice lunch with my family while you are most probably at a sundowner.
Greetings from Karl

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:34 am

Happy Birthday!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:16 am

Karl, Happy Birthday!!! Jeff

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Bogieman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:49 am

Happy birthday, Karl!