AD 14 KIELGE

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD 14 KIELGE

Post by gonandkarl » Fri May 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Yes I got the idea from George he has it in his Adelie and it is actually meant for toddlers play pens or rooms and they are all with pictures on it which would not look so good in a boat and it took me quite some time looking for a unique colour. At last I can kneel on my boats sole without hurting.
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi » Fri May 04, 2018 4:14 pm

its nice dense foam, my boy is older now so I didn't need them, threw most out, but found one when I was making sanding boards. I cut a strip and glued it to a 1"x4" board and mounted handles on it, it works really well for the 4" rolls of sticky back sanding paper.

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot » Fri May 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Using the plastic pipe to cary the bow part of the mast in transit wooks well for me I also made up one to cary the mast at the stern my back suport for transit is PCV black pipe and I used pop rivets to mount two pins on it that fit into the ruder mounts that holds the aft part of the mast well.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman » Sat May 05, 2018 12:30 am

Wow Karl, your boat looks fantastic! I'm not far enough along yet to understand or appreciate the hardware rigging. Your cabin looks ready for you to spend a night inside.

Bogie

das boot
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by das boot » Sat May 05, 2018 6:20 pm

I sent you some pictures of the brackets I made up to hold my mast while in transet I used the same mounts on the boat as I use for the rudder the one mistake i made is I used 3 pin brackets to give me the option of ruder 1/2 up or full down that part works well and in my boat when it is on the trailer i can not put the ruder full down it hits the ground. That part works well but over the years I have had to grind off around 1/2 of the bottom pine trying to line up all 3 pins for the ruder while in the water to lower the rudder was real hard by shortning up the one pin i can get the top 2 in easy then the third falls into place as i push down on the rudder. A miner thing but over the rears it has cost be 2 pares of glasses that have falen into the lake while trying to lean over the back of the boat to get that rudder pin into place.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack » Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 am

Greetings Karl,

Spring must be in the air in Austria by now. I'm been thinking of you as you approach your splash.

All the best. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 am

For Bogie and Karl:
Now that you may be approaching doing the running rigging, I want to put in a word for the Spinlock pxr cleats here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGqEevr50II
They are pricey but easily cleated and released with one hand, which is great on a small boat when you may be often singlehanding.
I've used Harken and Shaefer but I prefer these, although they are a bit pricey.
Tony

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman » Fri May 11, 2018 9:15 am

Ohhh, I want those! Thanks Tony.

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl » Sat May 19, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi
I also want those but I mounted already the ones from a scrapped sail boat. But most important while I am working along with drilling holes into my SS trailer bunks support angles I managed to coerce my wife into the boat and even take a picture of it even that she swore never to put a foot onto it. It was easy with a nice lunch made by her consumed in the sunny garden and the sommelier Karl serving South African Nederburg Sauvignon.

No other news on my build but it makes me happy that she even said she could imagine to go onto the boat again because she thought of getting onto it would be much more difficult with her buggered knee joints.

Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433