AD16 Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by gonandkarl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi Bogey,
Your main sheet will have its block in the cockpit near the transom like George, Salvatore and Bondo have it on their AD s.
I just checked the push pits and found I bought them as a Christmas present for myself on December 3 rd 2017 and had it cheap in my memory. I bought them from the well known Italian company www.osculati.com and they cost a not so cheap 380 dollars. The advantage of the removable connexion between the 2 pulpits for me is that I can board over the transom when I pull the boat at the slip back so the skeg touches the ground in 10 inches of water and me light weight can put one leg after the other over the transom and then walking forward so that the boat lifts again off the beach. I prefer getting into the boat like this because entering from the boardwalk over the side I have to step on the seat of the bench and have to rely on somebody already aboard pulling me quickly into the middle of the boat. Alone I most probably would pull the boat flat on its side. Younger people can jump in easily over the side and land down in the cockpit but jumping is no more a part of my body moves. So when I eventually have entered the boat over the transom I push myself away from the beach and start the electric outboard to get into deeper water where I then can attach the rudder in the low ( normal ) position and start sailing.
It looks as if you are practically finished and only waiting for the splashing.
Please show us all of it with lots of pictures.
Greetings from Karl

All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Netpackrat
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Netpackrat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:04 am

It hurts to see that beautiful boat with the galvanized pipe stuck on it. You might want to look into the stanchion bases, etc. that are sold by Sailrite. Then you would just need to get the tubing bent to complete your own stainless pushpits.

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fallguy1000 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:28 pm

Just paint the rail white. Noone will even know what it is..
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:31 am

Once the boat is fully rigged with the sail raised,the bimini up, the American flag flying from the stern, and loved ones are on board having a blast, that galvanized stern rail will just sort of fade into the background.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:33 am

Good point!!!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:58 am

Bogieman wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:31 am
Once the boat is fully rigged with the sail raised,the bimini up, the American flag flying from the stern, and loved ones are on board having a blast, that galvanized stern rail will just sort of fade into the background.
I mean... if we all want to chip in and get Boogie some shiny metal because we want to be nice, I'm pretty sure he won't be upset. Personally, I think the galvanized is a genius idea for the budget (I think B told me he was < $100 including the life lines). Keeping in mind that a lot of this is trial and error given the other changes he's made, it's actually a pretty clever approach. I'm interested to see how well that pipe holds up. It is available everywhere and could make for a viable alternative on a true "budget build".
Visit my official Class Globe 580 build blog at https://jaysenodell.com/globe-580
Currently starting a build of "Lil Bit More". A Class Mini 5.80
Class Mini 580 welcome post.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Jaysen wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:58 am
Bogieman wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:31 am
I mean... if we all want to chip in and get Boogie some shiny metal because we want to be nice, I'm pretty sure he won't be upset. Personally, I think the galvanized is a genius idea for the budget (I think B told me he was < $100 including the life lines). Keeping in mind that a lot of this is trial and error given the other changes he's made, it's actually a pretty clever approach. I'm interested to see how well that pipe holds up. It is available everywhere and could make for a viable alternative on a true "budget build".
:)

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Motor bracket and boarding ladder
Attachments
0171AD23-F062-4D09-B236-D3E35DC167F2.jpeg
DB334CEC-18B8-4C7C-AA94-E079C4AC86CC.jpeg

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:47 pm

Nice Bogie!!!!! Jeff

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:40 pm

That style of ladder will, I assume, be tilted up when underway? If so, rig a line holding it up that can be reached from the water with, for example, a slipped clove hitch so that, should you be out by yourself and fall in the water, you can yank the line and make the ladder accessible.
Tony