AD16 Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:06 pm

Today I glassed the transom with 4oz cloth. I’m also cleaning up the bottom edge of the rub rails and began shaping the bow end. Still shaping the scuppers too
Attachments
5BCF6F19-4CB2-4381-A448-967E0ABE5D31.jpeg
AC6A8DBE-6BAF-4BF3-9802-EDFB2E3A4571.jpeg
E8AA00AD-4895-4D62-AB00-DA543B39C80C.jpeg
E1BFA239-981C-4A89-AD11-8BEAA08B7B8C.jpeg
EC5760CD-68B5-4D18-B283-0107E602CCFB.jpeg
2B8433F5-B8CB-4469-B72D-836C07DBA27C.jpeg



User avatar
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 2965
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: DeLand, Florida
Location: Central Florida USA

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Capt UB » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:53 pm

Looking good ... Can't wait to see her in the tub :wink:

Got to find my old crossed bone flag for your splashing.. It's hand made from bikinis left in haste from my cruising days :lol:

Remember some netting on the transom scuppers..
><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Capt UB wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:53 pm
Looking good ... Can't wait to see her in the tub :wink:

Got to find my old crossed bone flag for your splashing.. It's hand made from bikinis left in haste from my cruising days :lol:

Remember some netting on the transom scuppers..
Yesss😀

User avatar
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 2586
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:14 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by OrangeQuest » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:05 am

Capt UB wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:53 pm
Looking good ... Can't wait to see her in the tub :wink:

Got to find my old crossed bone flag for your splashing.. It's hand made from bikinis left in haste from my cruising days :lol:

Remember some netting on the transom scuppers..
Netting on the scuppers?? :doh:
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:27 am

Went out early and spread some micro balloons on the transom. That will be all for today because it’s almost time for FOOTBALL !!!
Attachments
7512A481-5759-4ADB-851F-BDF414101AEC.jpeg

User avatar
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 2965
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: DeLand, Florida
Location: Central Florida USA

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Capt UB » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:18 pm

OrangeQuest wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:05 am
Capt UB wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:53 pm
Looking good ... Can't wait to see her in the tub :wink:

Got to find my old crossed bone flag for your splashing.. It's hand made from bikinis left in haste from my cruising days :lol:

Remember some netting on the transom scuppers..
Netting on the scuppers?? :doh:

On a lot of sailboats, the transom scuppers are very large or open transom, a filled or slow draining cockpit can be a very dangerous. Winch handles and other things tend to get washed overboard. A net can stop the item and still drain quickly.
><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6048
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:17 pm
Location: Vero Beach

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Jeff » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:27 pm

Bogie, glad you did well with the storm!!! Boat really looking good!!! Jeff

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:29 pm

Capt UB wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:18 pm
OrangeQuest wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:05 am
Capt UB wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:53 pm
Looking good ... Can't wait to see her in the tub :wink:

Got to find my old crossed bone flag for your splashing.. It's hand made from bikinis left in haste from my cruising days :lol:

Remember some netting on the transom scuppers..
Netting on the scuppers?? :doh:

On a lot of sailboats, the transom scuppers are very large or open transom, a filled or slow draining cockpit can be a very dangerous. Winch handles and other things tend to get washed overboard. A net can stop the item and still drain quickly.
Good idea. I'm also planning to enlarge the scuppers next week

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Jeff wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:27 pm
Bogie, glad you did well with the storm!!! Boat really looking good!!! Jeff
Thanks Jeff! 😀

User avatar
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 2586
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:14 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by OrangeQuest » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Capt UB wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Netting on the scuppers?? :doh:

On a lot of sailboats, the transom scuppers are very large or open transom, a filled or slow draining cockpit can be a very dangerous. Winch handles and other things tend to get washed overboard. A net can stop the item and still drain quickly.
[/quote]

Makes sense. On all my anchor lockers I am putting in silicon sink strainers before the drain chases. All the grass, mud and sea creatures will be strained out before going into the drain tube.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests