AD16 Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:10 pm

gonandkarl wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:05 am
Hi Bogie,
Your boat looks really phantastic.. When you turn the boat do not forget to fasten the centre board in the cockpit tight so it cannot move while the guys are turning it. Good luck with the flip.
Greetings from Karl
Hi Karl! Thank you!

Yes I will be careful to make sure I put the pin in place before we roll her over😀 I’ll post more pics this weekend



Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 am
Location: St Helena Island, SC

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Jaysen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Bogieman wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:10 pm
gonandkarl wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:05 am
Hi Bogie,
Your boat looks really phantastic.. When you turn the boat do not forget to fasten the centre board in the cockpit tight so it cannot move while the guys are turning it. Good luck with the flip.
Greetings from Karl
Hi Karl! Thank you!

Yes I will be careful to make sure I put the pin in place before we roll her over😀 I’ll post more pics this weekend
Come ON!!! you're taking all the fun out of it!

Boogie, looks great still. Let me know when you are ready for some clandestine graffiti.
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

User avatar
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: DeLand, Florida
Location: Central Florida USA

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Capt UB » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Just a thought about sail area......
74375706_2888080647891397_3369046100160806912_o.jpg
><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 am
Location: St Helena Island, SC

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Jaysen » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Might be a tad underpowered
Jaysen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm
I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:34 pm

She is ready to be rolled back over tomorrow . But first, here are some pics with her center board installed and in the fully down position.
Attachments
83D4E7E9-5011-49A3-8402-E3E9588D765F.jpeg
8B66CA4F-9BB2-49AD-A795-99D045914572.jpeg
C58038FE-2FAA-4BC0-BF65-C401F28A4897.jpeg
68DF7A31-277D-4AD9-8A38-71196640DAF9.jpeg
C11A879F-1880-48E0-AAF1-678B4954D3D4.jpeg
02BF8AA1-E104-4A0E-B482-FC50A9A58A94.jpeg
A00050A5-20AE-4657-AA2B-1F49D4CBF9DB.jpeg

User avatar
Capt UB
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Posts: 2887
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: DeLand, Florida
Location: Central Florida USA

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Capt UB » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm

She looks ready to fly!
Will be a great day for you and your family. Nothing wrong with a little marine BBQ and a picnic on the boat once it's flipped... Nothing like sitting in your boat high and dry thinking of the day she is anchored.....

Good luck and have a great day.
Bob
><((((º>¸.•´¯`•><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º> ¸.•´¯`•.><((((º>

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
Posts: 5715
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 am
Location: Kasilof, Alaska

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Fuzz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Looks great Boogie, you have done some fine work there.

fallguy1000
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 3889
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by fallguy1000 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Super pretty.

Did you paint far above the waterline?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Rtorres2411
Active Poster
Active Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 pm
Location: Kissimmee FL.

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Rtorres2411 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:22 pm

Bogieman that is one nice looking sailboat. Can’t wait to see it right side up.

Ruben

Bogieman
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm
Location: Myrtle Beach

Re: AD16 Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:25 pm

Capt UB wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm
She looks ready to fly!
Will be a great day for you and your family. Nothing wrong with a little marine BBQ and a picnic on the boat once it's flipped... Nothing like sitting in your boat high and dry thinking of the day she is anchored.....

Good luck and have a great day.
Bob
:D Thank you, Bob! I really appreciate it. Yes, I am super excited to get her right side up again.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Netpackrat and 2 guests